Thursday 8 March 2018

Two Years With Rosie


Can you believe it's already been two whole years (and a week) since Rosie, my Tibetan terrier, came in to our lives? 

I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. Has it really been two years since I drove out to rural Cheltenham to collect my ten week old puppy from the breeders, and brought her home, nestled in my arms? It only feels like it was two minutes ago!


I still remember the first time I saw her. At ten weeks old, she was a tiny little thing, with the cutest stubby little legs, big round blue eyes with super long eyelashes, a speckled pink and black nose, soft fluffy snow-white fur with black patches on her face and back, and an adorable curly white tail. She was the smallest and most precious puppy I'd ever seen in real life. She looked so fragile and delicate, but she was boisterous and full of confidence, running around the breeder's conservatory with her brother and a corduroy toy fish, getting up to mischief as we humans went through the necessary paperwork to make her 'adoption' official. She was adorable and I fell in love with her there and then. (I wanted to smuggle her brother home, too, but he was already spoken for). We paid our final bill, brought her home, and she settled herself in to our home, family, and hearts straight away. We soon got to grips with life as new dog owners, and pretty soon, it was like she had always been a part of our lives.


Two years on, I couldn't imagine life without her. Life wouldn't be the same without her to keep me on my toes or cuddle up with on the sofa when I'm having a bad day. I can be having the shittiest, dullest, loneliest,  or most unbearable day of pain, and just one minute in Rosie's company will always make me feel so much better. You just can't beat her love, and companionship. There's never any judgement, just loyal, unconditional love and support. and a cuddle right when you need it. I don't know how she does it, but she always make any situation so much better.  


Her cheeky antics, comical little mannerisms, and vocal personality leave me in hysterics on a daily basis. She makes a hundred different noises that each mean something different and isn't afraid to tell you what she wants. Lord help you if you can't figure out what that is! 

She'll do anything for a belly rub, taps you with her paw until you get the message, will grab your hand back with her paws if you try to take it away, and if she's sitting beside you, she likes to keep a leg on you at all times, as if to make it clear that you're hers. I often get a paw jabbing in me in the stomach, chest, or even my arm pit while I'm trying to watch the TV! That dog doesn't quite understand boundaries. 


One of the most comical things about her is she often sits on the sofa like a person, either like a noble lady draped over a chaise longue, or with her arm casually resting over the arm of the chair looking like The Most Interesting Man In The World. Well, that's when she isn't hanging out on top of the sofa like a cat, of course. Where the hell did I find this dog?!

She's also a total cuddle monster and loves smothering everyone with kisses- whether you want them or not. Usually not, but the cuddles are always appreciated. Her fur is so soft, it's like cuddling up with a big living , breathing teddy bear.


Of course, she's not perfect, and can be a pain in the bum sometimes, but who isn't? I love her anyway.

My only regret is that I can't  take her out on walks and adventures like normal dog owners, and wish that I could, but I do love playing ball with her in the garden, when I'm up to it. Her excitement and happy little face always makes my heart burst, especially when she brings her toys to me to play with her. I don't know who enjoys playtime more; me or Rosie!


Rosie has brought so much happiness to my life over the last two years. She's made two difficult, unpleasant years so much more bearable, and gave me reasons to smile when I wanted to break down and cry from pain and stress. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. 

It's funny; I'd wanted a shaggy-haired dog since I was a little girl (thanks to TV shows like Woof, Come Outside, and Little House on the Prairie), but never ever thought I'd get one of my own. How lucky am I?

Happy second Gotcha Day, Rosie! Here's to (hopefully) many more.

You Might Also Like

For more photos of Rosie, follow my Instagram and check out the hashtag #Rosiethetibetanterrier.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Awww... Rosie is such a sweetheart, isn't it amazing the difference an animal can make to your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a sweetie and I am so glad she has bought such joy to your life!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig