Monday 21 August 2017

50 Things You Should Know About Me

Hi guys,

I hope your day is off to a good start. Mine sure is not. 

I awoke this morning to find somebody had hacked my eBay, and Paypal accounts, and the email address attached to them over night, and spent £600 I do not have on Lego using my eBay account! I've been freaking out because I don't have the funds in my bank account to even cover the transactions because I don't have any income right now, and I'm just praying I'll be able to get it all back. Paypal are already on the case and I've got one of the three large transactions refunded already (luckily one seller thought to query the fact the address didn't match the one I registered), and the other two are pending, so fingers crossed. Hopefully it will be sorted before any of it reaches my bank balance or otherwise I'm screwed. Thankfully eBay noticed the unusual activity last night and froze my account as who knows how much more they would've tried to spend.

I'm fucking livid that somebody would do this. The spineless little cretin(s) really need to reevaluate their pathetic little lives. I'm sure their kids would be so proud to know their parents are buying them presents with stolen money from somebody who has none.  I hope karma comes back to bite them in the balls. Scum of the Earth.

They've also used my email address to sign up to hundreds of different sites, so even though I've changed my password, I think I'm going to have to delete the account, and set up a new one to be on the safe side. I'm going to have to go through everything I'm signed up to and change my sign in info. FML. It's the last thing I needed to be dealing with today.

I've done all I can for now, so I've taken a break from it all to blog to try to take my mind off it (doing well so far, then, haha!) It's been so long since I last did one of those 'Things About Me' kind of posts, so I thought it would be fun to share some facts about myself to help you get to know me a little better. 

Here are 50 things you should know about me...

1. My favourite pastime is going to concerts. I would happily go to one every night if I could.

2. I used to be a visual merchandiser in a vintage-style children's toy shop before I got ill.

3. I've lived in the same small town in Oxfordshire all my life.

4. I'm from a military family- my Mum, Dad, and Grandad were all in the RAF, and my brother-in-law currently is. Luckily, I never had to do the moving around thing growing up because my parents were out before I was born.

5. I studied animal care at college. I still hope to put it to good use again one day.

6. I'm the second of three sisters.

7. I've been in excruciating pain for almost six years straight.

8. My spine is naturally and abnormally fused to my sacrum (above the pelvis).

9. I suffer from bertolottis disease, fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylitis, degenerative disc disease (plus torn and herniated discs), sciatica, osteomalacia, depression, and anxiety. Apparently my body hates me.

10. I've met all members of Boyzone twice, and Mikey Graham a couple more times... and I've had a fair few interactions during concerts, too. Yep, total fan girl right here.

11. The comedian Ronnie Barker was a regular customer of mine when I worked in a pet shop. We used to sell him ducks for his home in the Cotswolds.

12. I did work experience in two zoos when I was studying animal care, and got kissed on the head by a huge male sealion.

13. I love collecting novelty handbags, and quirky brooches.

14. I'm from The Cotswolds but I'm neither rich nor posh.

15. I was so shy growing up I would clam up and go mute around everybody but my immediate family and closest friends. I only really came out of my shell in my early twenties, after a few years of working in retail, and having to talk to people all day long.

16. I really love cross stitching, and find it helps me cope with my pain. It's not just for grannies; there are heaps of fun modern designs these days!

17. I have a black and white Tibetan terrier called Rosie, and also keep tropical fish.

18. I have two tattoos, but I would love dozens more. I was just getting in to them when I got ill, and if I hadn't I'm pretty sure I'd be covered in them by now. I have a tattoo wish list as long as my arm.

19. My favourite films are Little Women, Steel Magnolias, and Titanic.

20. I'm covered in freckles from head to toe, and have them on all areas of my body, including my lips, ears, and palm of my hand. I hated them until I was about seventeen, and now I love them!

21. I can't stand bacon or mushrooms. The smell and taste of both makes me gag.

22. Unpopular opinion: I can't stand Beyoncé, or the film Frozen.

23. I'm an introvert, and enjoy my own company, but I'm not anti-social and enjoy spending time with people I like, too. I just need a little time to myself to recharge every day.

24. I love creative writing, and have been scribbling down stories in my spare time since primary school.

25. I was raised catholic and went to a catholic primary school, but I'm an atheist. I tried to believe but I knew from a young age that religion wasn't for me. 

26. My favourite bands are Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, and Boyzone, and I also have a thing for Ronan Keating. I don't actually like much pop music these days, but my love for those Irish men goes back to age nine, and old habits die hard! I also really love Arcade Fire, Panic! at the Disco, Evanescence, and Kings of Leon.

27. I worked in a pet shop for five years.

28. I've always wanted to be a zoo keeper. I'd particularly love to work with tapirs, giraffes, anteaters, aardvarks, and armadillos. I like the weird ones!

29. I'm happiest with my feet in the ocean. I'm a total water baby.

30. I've always wanted to learn how to surf.

31. I'm addicted to colourful eye make up, and particularly love green shades.

32. Colour makes me happy. I try to inject it in to all areas of my life.

33. I'm a stationery addict, and can never resist a new notebook, even if I already have 15 unused ones at home.

34. I pretty much always have my finger nails painted.

35. I love the Big Bang Theory, and watch an episode or two almost every day.

36. I love musicals, especially live at the theatre. My favourites from the stage are Phantom of the Opera, Hairspray, The Sound of Music, Sister Act, and Chicago, and I love the movie versions, too.

37. I hate the sweltering summer heat, and love the rain.

38. My favourite place on the planet is Perranporth Beach in Cornwall, closely followed by New York City.

39. I once broke my wrist by unknowingly getting my foot caught in a basket rack, and falling flat on my face at work... in front of my boss, a colleague, and a big queue of customers. Hands down the most embarrassing moment of my life.

40. You will almost always find me with a camera in my hand, snapping photos wherever I go.

41. I love travelling and sight-seeing, and hope to travel all over the world one day. I'm currently dying to visit Austria.

42. I love crafting, painting, and creating stuff. There's just something satisfying about creating something with your own two hands.

43. I still don't know how to drive. I kept meaning to, but always had other things to spend my money on... like concert tickets and dresses. Now I can't learn to drive because sitting and travelling causes me too much pain.

44. I have a slight Cath Kidston addiction.

45. I'm a Christmas enthusiast, and love to embrace all the festivities I can.

46. My middle name is Christine.

47. I've had the same best friend since I was eleven.

48. My nicknames range from everything from Lou and LouLou to Weeze ('ouise), Weezy, and Weaselby.

49. I've had three ECGs so far this year.

50. My earliest memory is sitting in a hospital corridor with my Dad and older sister aged three after my Mum had gone in to labour with my little sister, and asking if we could "have a brown baby this time." Funnily enough, I didn't get my wish.

So, I've told you a little about myself... now I'd love to learn a little about you to get to know you better! 

Please tell me a few  things about yourself in the comments below! 

Do we have anything in common from the list above?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Shit Louise, I'm so sorry that happened to you! I'm sure you can do without the stress. I hope you get all of your money back. I love posts like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to know you ones - not ones where you've been ripped off - to clarify! ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh Louise what the hell!!! That much money on freaking LEGO of all things?!? Seriously hope it all will come back to you - I think Paypal are normally pretty good about things like that - especially as it's so clearly theft! But I'm so sorry you've had such an awful and stressful experience. Mercury is in retrograde!!!!

    On a slightly more positive note... I really loved this post! These facts were so fun, I'm jealous about the sea lion :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Louise, that is awful!! We all dread this kind of thing happening but you never think it will actually be you! I'm so sorry! I really hope that you don't lose the money. I loved learning your facts! I just wondered if you would give me your address as I'd like tosend a little something to you! You could DM me on Instagram, I'm Kezziesquirrel . X

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig