Friday 23 December 2016

My Handmade Christmas Crackers 2016


I've lost count of how many years I've been making my own Christmas crackers for my family to enjoy during Christmas dinner, but it must be at least seven or eight years by now. I don't make the crackers entirely from scratch; I always buy a kit from Hobbycraft with pre-cut flat-pack crackers included, so I actually only construct and fill / personalise them, but potato, patato.


I finally found the time to make this year's crackers yesterday afternoon, while watching Kirstie's Handmade Christmas which always leaves me wanting to make all the things. It took me less than half an hour to make all six, but if I hadn't also been watching the TV, I would've been done in ten. They're so, so easy to make, and you don't even have to be particularly crafty to be able to make them. You roll the card in to a cylinder-shape, slot the three tabs in to the slots, tie one end with ribbon to cinch the card in to the cracker shape, fill with goodies, cinch in the other end, and voila, you're done!


This year I've kept it simple, and just filled the crackers with chocolate. In the past I've also filled crackers with scratch cards, nail polishes, and I think even some mini beauty products at one point, but I had to watch the pennies this year, and chocolate is always a winner. I went for Guylian Temptations chocolates as I remember everybody went mad for these chocolate truffles last Christmas. They were only a fiver for a big bag full, and since each cracker only had room for four each, there are plenty left over to enjoy over the festive season! Yay! The praline seahorses have my name on them!


I think the crackers are going to go down a treat with my family on Christmas Day. If they don't, well, then all the more for me!

Have you ever made / filled your own Christmas crackers before or do you prefer to stick to store-bought sets?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Such a nice idea to make them yourself and choose what is in them!
    This year I bought them from the store but maybe next year I'll try this :).

    x Hannah

    http://www.theadventurouslifestylelab.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really start doing this! Yours look a lot nicer than anything from the store and I'd rather have some nice chocolate than some of the stuff in crackers!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig