Sunday 28 August 2016

Sunday Favourites #201

Time for another batch of my Sunday Favourites...




These embroideries from Sydney based artist Liz Payne are beautiful.


This cotton candy fudge recipe looks amazing!


These delicious-looking beasts are made up of a layer each of chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, and brownies...Get in my belly now!


These colour-blocked waffle bites look so good.


I wish this mer-cat shirt came in my size!



This neon galaxy manicure is gorgeous.


Sara's Alice in Wonderland themed ensemble is fantastic. That Cheshire cat dress, though!











I'm mesmerised by this series of hypnotising GIFs. The most remarkable thing about them is that they were created by a visually impaired man! The artist, George Redhawk, was forced to give up his job teaching medicine as he began to lose his sight. He started to suffer from visual distortions as his mind tried to fill the gaps in his vision, which inspired him to create these images to express what he was experiencing. He named the series 'The World Through My Eyes', and it's designed to "challenge, confuse, and disturb your visual sense of order."







These photos of the streets of Istanbul digitally distorted in to surreal cityscapes by Turkish artist Aydin Büyüktaş are incredible. The series is called 'Flatland', and is designed to challenge perspective.


A black dress was submerged in the Dead Sea for two months in the name of art by Israeli artist Sigalit Landau, and it transformed in to a salt crystal masterpiece! 

I love a happy ending for neglected and abused animals, like Aasha the tigress.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I felt so sad for that wee tiger cub, so glad her story has a happy ending :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig