Saturday 4 June 2016

Photo Diary | June 2016

I'm sorry it's been so quiet around these parts lately. I'm sure you're bored of hearing me say that; I'm bored of saying it, but I am sorry for being such a shit blogger and neglecting my blog. 

It's not that I haven't wanted or tried to blog; I have a head full of ideas and I've been raring to go, but my health has had other ideas. 

With hospital visits and the puplet using up all my spoons, horrendous pain in my arms and hands getting worse and limiting the use of my hand-claws, my vision being blurry through my glasses (going for a long-overdue eye test next week), and being placed on a new painkiller that's been giving me abdominal pains, writing, taking, and editing photos haven't been easy. Add in the usual aches and pains, and combine it all together, and that's why Polka Spots has been neglected over the last few months. My health has had to come first. It's really frustrating, but what can you do? Hopefully one of these days I'll get back on track, and make up for lost time.

I have been doing my best to snap photos of the little things to share on Instagram, though (that is, when the app on my phone has been working, which isn't often), so I thought it was about time I shared a new photo diary with you guys. I've been working on making my Instagram a colourful place, as I'm a colour-junkie, and I love to inject more colour in to the world. I don't know why, but colour just makes me so damn happy. I can't get enough of it. I've posted lots of colourful photos over the last few months, and I hope you like the following snap shots as much as I do.


1. Alice in Wonderland Dormouse Tsum Tsum. // 2. Hobbycraft Haul. // 3. Sunday entertainment. 4. Le sister's birthday presents. // 5. Wrapping presents in pretty tissue paper. // 6. Birthday presents for my sister.


1. Alice in Wonderland Tsum Tsums (series one). // 2. Writing in Cath Kidston notebooks. // 3. My awesome Accessorize telephone box bag. // 4. My new bicycle print Lindy Bop Bretta tea dress. // 5. Making progress on my colourful cross stitch. // 6. Perfect lip and lipstick print, heart-pocketed Lindy Bop Brittany dress.


1. The biggest ice cream ever. // 2. Chocolate bunny shortly before decapitation. // 3. Rosie eating daisies. // 4. Coffee and OPI nail polish wins. // 5. Cheerful tulips. // 6. Easter chocolate from the bestie.


1. Billie and Blossom polka dot tea dress. // 2. Post-hospital double cheeseburger. // 3. Pretty Cath Kidston diary. // 4. Bluebell woods. // 5. Cath Kidson purse. // 6. Making a daisy chain.


1. Working on my cross stitch sampler. // 2. Pretty drive home from the hospital. // 3. My brooch collection. // 4. I made a daisy chain! // 5. Happy soaps. // 6. Pink blossom.


1. Telephone Box. // 2. Little blue butterfly on the holly bush. // 3. Oxford architecture. // 4. A lost balloon soaring over Oxford. // 5. My garden after a freak hail storm. // 6. Bluebells and headstones in Oxford's St. Mary Magdalen Church graveyard.

If you'd like to see more photos like these, you can keep up to date with my little snap shots on Instagram here.

Thanks for reading.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. You should never apologise for feeling unwell! I'll be here to read no matter how often or little you post and despite all you live with, your blog is great! I love your colourful instagram too xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly are a colour-junkie and that makes your blog and I guess, your instagram too (not seen it) a very happy and enjoyable place to visit!! I like all the pictures you have posted, esp since you got the gorgeous Lindybop dresses!
    Your cross-stitch is really beautiful, I love it!
    Ooh, and I totally forgot, but seeing your lovely broochboard, I did a post of some of my brooches on my brooch board inspired by yours- come and have a look, plllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kerenzaallin-garner.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/5-brooches-28-not-5-but-broochboard.html

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig