Sunday 27 December 2015

My Christmas Novelty Bags

Merry Christmas everyone! 

How was your Christmas? I had a lovely, albeit very quiet, Christmas at home with my family. I got spoiled rotten, ate lots of delicious food, spent some quality time with my family, got cuddles from the Mia dog, and dressed up really festively in a fabulous new dress! I couldn't ask for more than that!

I feel absolutely shattered today, though, and can barely move, so I've spent my Boxing Day in bed watching festive TV, napping, eating a few Christmas chocolates, and going through photos I've taken over the last few days. It's a hard life! I'll be blogging more about my Christmas in the next couple of days, once I've edited my photos, but in the meantime, I thought you might like to see my little collection of Christmas novelty bags before I pack them away for another year.

I currently have four Christmas bags in my collection, which were all purchased in the last thirteen months. Three of them are novelties, and the fourth features a festive print.


The Christmas pudding bag came from TU at Sainsburys last Christmas, and if I'm remembering correctly, it was only about £12- and an absolute bargain. It's a cross-body bag, so I it's the perfect bag to use for Christmas shopping and running errands to leave my hands free for all those shopping bags. Plus, most importantly, it  makes my festive outfits look pretty damn awesome!

Last year, I also bought the red and silver bauble clutch, which was from New Look for less than £13. At the time I'd never seen a novelty bag quite like it, and I still think the design is really fun and eye-catching. It's definitely a conversation starter, that's for sure! It's also surprisingly roomy for a clutch bag, and fits everything I might need for a night out. (Not that I get to have many of those these days!)


The snowman bauble was also from New Look's Christmas collection in 2014, but I didn't buy it until earlier this year. I think I bought it on sale from ASOS for about £5! I just couldn't resist it. I haven't actually had a chance to use it yet, but it will definitely add a touch of whimsy to my Christmas outfits when I do. I mean, c'mon- it's a snowman faced bauble bag! How awesome?!


And last but not least, is my Cath Kidston Christmas book bag, which I picked up on sale earlier in the year for just £7- a bargain considering it was about £18 full price. I put it away to use this Christmas, and I've used it quite a few times already, even if it's just been for boring stuff like going to the supermarket, post office, and popping over to my sister's. 

I didn't buy any new Christmas novelty bags this Christmas, even though I had my eye on several, but if there are any left on sale at the end of the month, I may have to pick up one or two from Skinnydip to put away for next year.

Do you own any novelty Christmas bags? Have you bought any new ones this year?

You might also like:
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is a cute little collection you have, I have to admit though the Christmas Pudding Bag is a clear winner for me. Sounds like you had a pretty much perfect Christmas day xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are really nice. I do love that bauble one. The Accessorize rocket bag was half price at King's Cross station yesterday. I thought of you.


    I used my 20year old, very first novelty bag in my last blog post for my Star Wars outfit (plus handmade brooch!) Can't believe I've had that bag for 20years. It would be very novel and nice if you felt like returning the blog visiting/commenting favour by having a look at it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig