Friday 11 September 2015

My Autumn Bucket List

Summer is over for another year, Autumn is beginning to settle in, and I for one am excited for the season ahead. The last four months of the year are the best! 

As soon as September rolls around, I always become super motivated and aspirational, planning things I want or need to do before the year is through. This year has been no different. I've already got a long list of things I want or need to do this Autumn, and I'm challenging myself to cross them all off before the year is through. Will I manage it? I don't quite know, but I'm looking forward to giving it my best shot.

Would you like to see what's on my Autumn bucket list?



1. Take lots of Autumn walks; preferably in the countryside.

2. Take lots of photos of pretty Autumn foliage and scenery on those Autumn walks.

3. Go to the zoo open day.

4. Visit my local wildlife park.

5. Make lots of hand-embroidered hoop art to decorate the house with this Christmas. I've already bought a bunch of supplies, including some pretty fabric from Hobbycraft (these and these), but I  need to buy more threads, beads, and embroidery hoops so I can get started.

6. Work on my new Christmas cross stitch sampler every day. I'm challenging myself to get it done in time to hang up on the wall this Christmas, but whether it's actually possible we'll have to wait and see! (First progress photo here).

7. Finish my last four Christmas cross stitch cards before December, so I can actually send them out this year. I bought them last year and only made one.

8. Make it to the bonfire.

9. Carve a pumpkin.

10. Go see Fall Out Boy live in October. I have tickets, I just need to make it there!

11. Get my hair cut shorter again. I've not had a haircut in almost two years (#chronicpainproblems) so my long bob is almost waist-length now, and it's getting too high-maintenance. I need a shorter do that takes no time at all to wash and dry to make it easier on my back.

12. Read lots of books. I want to curl up under cosy blankets, and spend whole days reading.

13. Arrange a visit / meet up with my best friend, who I've not seen since last November. She lives in Norfolk, I live in Oxfordshire, so we don't get to see each other all that often anymore, especially since I can't travel.

14. Have a go at a few Kirstie Allsopp craft kits with my sister. We both want to learn how to make lots of different crafty things, and Kirstie's kits look awesome.

15. Visit The Ashmolean and Pitt Rivers museums in Oxford. I haven't been to either in years. If you're a fan of oddities, Pitt Rivers is well worth a visit. Last time I went it had shrunken heads on display!

16. Have a big eBay clear-out to raise some extra funds.

17. Wear all the gorgeous Autumn fashion colours, like burgundy, plum, forest green, mustard, teal, and rust.

18. Make it to the cinema to see Mockingjay Part 2 in November. I refuse to wait for the DVD like I had to do with part 1.

19. Buy some delicious-scented Yankee Candles to light and enjoy on cold dark evenings.

20. Visit Blenheim Palace. I haven't been since I was about five.

21. Have a go at making condiments from scratch with my sister. This wasn't on my own to-do list, but a request from my brother-in-law! I know, how random? He's away on a detachment but will be home for his R&R in December, and wants some homemade piccalilli etc to enjoy on his turkey sandwiches. They made stuff like that together last year for the first time, and since he's away 'til February, I've been roped in to make some for him. Err, cheers, Steve. I don't see this one ending well...

22. Buy some cosy new PJs.

23. Crunch through paths covered in crisp, fallen leaves.

24. Try some Halloween nail art.

25. Get a dog. This is something my family and I have been talking about seriously for a couple of years now, mostly to give me company and a purpose in life, and it's likely we'll be looking for a four-legged-friend really soon. At the very least, this Autumn we'll be making plans to welcome one in to our family.

26. Visit Harry Potter world in London. I've been dying to go for years, and I like the idea of going for Hogwarts In The Snow, when it's dressed up for Christmas.

27. Take photos for as many future blog posts as possible before the Winter sets in and the good light buggers off 'til Spring.

28. Stop off for a hot chocolate at Costa.

29. Make an apple and blackberry crumble.

30. Buy some pretty new Autumn nail colours.

And one for luck,

31. Take lots of photos wherever I go.

So, that's my Autumn bucket list; what's on yours?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That's a great wish list Louise! I concur with many of these. Where are you in Oxfordshire? I was in Abingdon this August and I had a lovely albeit rainy day at Blenheim (still not blogged about it). I WISH I'd remembered to go to Pitt Rivers when I was Oxford itself as I was there for a few hours and wasn't sure what to do. I enjoyed the Ashmolean a few years ago but wasn't in the mood for it on that day. I had my hair cut two days ago and it is shorter than I've gone in years!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I can't wait to see your dog if you do get one ! I have a few things I want to do too over the next few months so hopefully I will get some of them done xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig