Thursday 30 July 2015

101 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I'm not planning on kicking the bucket any time soon, but I have a bucket list that could stretch all the way to Scotland and back. 

I've been feeling quite aspirational recently, and have added so many life goals to the list that it's now over five hundred strong! What can I say? There are just so many things I hope to achieve and experience one day. I'm a dreamer.

I thought it would be fun to share some of my goals with you guys, so here we are. Don't worry, I'm not going to list all 500+, I've chosen a selection and will stop at 101.

FYI, the Listography Travel and My Future books are both brilliant books for recording your travels, and listing some of the things you hope to experience one day.





1. Work in animal care again. Preferably with zoo animals, or in a rescue centre for pets or wildlife.
2. Live by the sea.
3. See the Northern Lights.
4. Own my own home.
5. Take a road trip across America.
6. See all the weird and wonderful Australian marsupials in person.
7. Read the entire works of Stephen King.
8. Achieve complete body confidence.
9. Take a hot air balloon ride.
10. Learn how to make a crochet granny square blanket.
11. Go whale watching. I'd love to see a pod of them breaching the water someday.
12. Take creative writing, art, and photography classes.
13. Get a short story published.
14. Own my first pet dog. Currently in the works.
15. Find that special someone.
16. Learn how to drive.
17. Visit Italy.
18. See Evanescence perform live.
19. Do a parachute jump.
20. Learn how to surf.
21. See New York at Christmas time.
22. Make a patchwork quilt.
23. Visit Paris properly, and do the whole touristy thing. (I've only driven through it by car).
24. Learn how to make jewellery.
25. Go on safari in Africa.
26. Take a road trip around Australia.
27. Get loads more tattoos, including a sleeve, and something Alice in Wonderland themed.
28. Find a way to reduce my pain so I can manage it better, and live a more normal, full life.
29. Own a DSLR and know how to use it properly.
30. Get an African pygmy hedgehog.
31. Take a holiday in Greece. (Read: Wherever Mamma Mia was filmed)!
32. Own a Pin Up Girl Clothing dress. Or sixty.
33. Make a bunch of embroidery hoop art pictures for the wall. I want to have a crack at this soon.
34. Go to a festival.
35. Visit Highgate Cemetery.
36. Sight see around Edinburgh.
37. Work in a zoo.
38. Experience New Year's Eve in New York.
39. Go to the elephant orphanage in Sri Lanka.
40. Learn how to make my own dresses and skirts.
41. Do a bungee jump.
42. See Niagara Falls.
43. Dive the Great Barrier Reef.
44. Learn how to play the piano.
45. See the Grand Canyon.
46. See Wicked at the theatre.
47. Spend a day at a spa.
48. Learn how to ski.
49. Master the art of cake decorating.
50. See the pyramids.
51. See dolphins in the wild.
52. Learn how to make the perfect roast turkey with all the trimmings for Christmas.
53. Do The Sound of Music tour in Austria.
54. Learn how to walk in heels.
55. See a narwhal in real life.
56. Travel on a motorbike.
57. Go out for high tea somewhere fancy.
58. Own a Lulu Guinness lip clutch.
59. Have a house full of animals.
60. Get something resembling a social life.
61. Get toucan tattoos on either side of my collar bones / shoulders.
62. See Panic! at the Disco live.
63. Donate blood.
64. Get more piercings.
65. Learn how to curl my hair so that the curls hold all day or night.
66. Own a pretty, pretty petticoat.
67. Take a road trip around Europe.
68. Learn to bare my legs and arms with complete confidence.
69. Swim with sharks, sea turtles, and tropical fish.
70. Do a 365 photo challenge.
71. Go on the London Eye.
72. Visit Amsterdam.
73. Sleep under the stars during a meteor shower.
74. Learn how to paint properly with water colour, oil, and acrylic paints.
75. Read all of the books I own.
76. Go kayaking and sea kayaking.
77. Visit Land's End.
78. Travel around the beautiful scenery of northern Scotland.
79. Step foot on all 7 continents.
80. Try sushi.
81. Work with giraffes and tapirs.
82. Go to a concert of a band I like outside of the UK and Ireland.
83. Sight see around a city by helicopter.
84. Visit Chicago.
85. See Peter Kay live.
86. Travel first class by plane.
87. See an active volcano.
88. Go white water rafting.
89. Ride a camel in the desert.
90. See a beluga whale in real life.
91. Visit Germany at Christmas time.
92. Spend a day at Harry Potter world.
93. Go horse riding.
94. Visit the village where The Vicar of Dibley was set.
95. Buy house plants and keep them alive.
96. Own my own car.
97. Visit every country in Europe.
98. Take pictures with an underwater camera.
99. Holiday on a tropical island with white sandy beaches and palm trees.
100. Make a rainbow cake.
101. Visit Tokyo.

What's at the top of your bucket list? 

Do we share any of the same goals?

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That's a pretty impressive list and a good mix of big goals and smaller things! I'm looking forward to seeing your embroidery hoops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I share so many of these especially wanting to see the grand canyon, see new york at christmas time and see niagra falls although I definitely never want to do a parachute jump or bungee jump, haha those are like my worst nightmare xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do a bungee or parachute jump the though of it makes me feel queasy ! Xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig