Saturday 13 June 2015

Currently | June 2015


I know I'm a fortnight late with this post, but better late than never, though, right? 


Wearing / latest fashion purchases
I added two new fit and flare jersey dresses from Dorothy Perkins to my wardrobe in May. One is orange-red with a large floral print, the other a dark coral with small pineapples all over it. They're both great casual dresses for Summer, and ideal for throwing on over a pair of leggings with ballet pumps or sandals. No effort needed. Sometimes it's necessary to keep things as fuss-free as possible. The dresses are just £18, and go up to a UK size 22, and you can find the floral frock here, and the pineapple frock here. 

Accessorising
I treated myself to a lovely pair of mint green leather ballet pumps in New Look's sale last month, and the best part is, they were only £8! £8 for wide-fit leather shoes?! Hell yes! I still need to stretch them out a bit as I'm cursed with super wide feet, but I'm pretty impressed with them for the price. They're no longer available in mint online, but a couple of other colours are available full price, including black and tan.

I also snapped up a few novelty bags from Matalan in May (post here), and I'm completely smitten with my watermelon clutch. The quality is pretty damn great considering it was just £8. It's roomy for a clutch, too, and it's just so fun to use. 


Beauty products I've been enjoying
A couple of months ago I won a big pot each of The Body Shop's Cocoa Butter body scrub and body butter, and oh how I love them- and not just because they smell absolutely divine. I started using them on my legs and feet in May, and I now have the softest pins. Like all of The Body Shop's body butters, the cocoa butter version is so nourishing, even on tougher skin like my knees and elbows. The body scrub has the consistency of wet sand, and as it's a gritty scrub, it's been working wonders on my feet. My feet have been in a sorry state for months years because I can't stretch very well right now, but the scrub has transformed them in to the softest, silkiest size sixes I've had in years. 

Another Body Shop product I've been enjoying is the satsuma hand cream, which is one of my favourite TBS products. It gives me the softest hands. I can't stop using it. I'm a little bit addicted to the satsuma scent, but especially during Spring and Summer because it smells like sunshine.

I also love the smell of Original Source vanilla and raspberry shower gel, which smells like strawberry Mini Milk and Funny Feet ice lollies. Amazing. I picked this shower gel up for £1, but don't let the price put you off- Original Source shower gels are brilliant and lather really well. I love 'em.

On my face, I've been using my old Bourjois blusher in Golden Rose / Rose d'Or quite a lot over the last month or two. The colour is quite subtle and natural-looking on my pale skin, and it has a golden shimmer running through it that adds a healthy glow, especially in the Summer sunshine. I've had it for about a year, and it's one of my favourite blushers. It has the cutest packaging, too.


Watching
I can't think of any new films or TV shows I watched last month, but I did watch a bunch of my old favourites. Including: Australia, Water For Elephants, The Book Thief, P.S. I Love You, The Time Traveller's Wife, Shutter Island, and The Holiday.

Listening
Most played? Linkin Park's The Hunting Party album. Until It's Gone is my favourite track.

Reading
I still haven't found my reading mojo, and only finished one book in May, The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I'm now about a third of the way through the second book in the series, The Infinite Sea.


Drinking and Eating
I discovered the most amazing rhubarb-flavoured soft drink a couple of months ago when I was in Wholefoods in Cheltenham- Cawston Press rhubarb and sweet apple. I'm very fussy when it comes to drinks, but I love rhubarb flavoured anything, so I had to try it. It gives a kick of rhubarb a couple of seconds after you drink it, and it just tastes incredible. It might just be one of the best drinks I've ever tasted. I regretted only buying one, so when I discovered my local Co-op stocks it, last month, I was a happy bunny. I allowed myself one as a little treat after a hospital appointment, along with a bar of my favourite Thornton's chocolate, Viennese Continental.


Cross-stitching
In May, I completed a little bit more of my Christmas cross stitch. I've been working on it since March, but only sporadically as it feels a bit weird working on a Christmas craft during Spring and Summer. I'm about half way through now, so I'll have no problem getting it finished in time for Christmas. Also, how cute is my rainbow needle-case from Cath Kidston?! It's on sale at the mo, too!

Colouring
I also bought myself a new adult colouring book called 'Millie Marotta's Animal Kingdom', and spent several happy hours colouring in the intricate animal pictures. I find colouring so relaxing and therapeutic, and it helps to take my mind off anything that is worrying me or stressing me out... which is a lot, and often. I'll be blogging about this colouring book later in the week.

I could keep adding things to this post, but I think I'd better stop here as it's already long enough!

What were your favourite things in May?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. You have bought some lovely things this month, love the needle case. Im dead chuffed as I just found a Cath Kidston dress In the charity shop this afternoon and a dress I really wanted any way missed brand new! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kezzie. It sounds like you did even better! What a great thing to find it a charity shop! You must've saved a fortune on it, too. :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the Body Shop cocoa butter, leaves your skin like silk, it's restored my skin many times - and rhubarb!! love the stuff - you have got great pieces and your cross stitch is gorgeously pretty x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't go wrong with their body butters. I love 'em. Rhubarb is just so good... especially in crumble form! Thanks, lovely. xx

      Delete
  3. I loved The Book Thief. I don't know why it got such bad reviews when it came out, but I enjoyed it almost as much as the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it? I didn't see / hear of any bad reviews. It's a shame as it's one of the best films ever. I just fell in love with it from the start, and I still think it's one of the loveliest films I've ever seen. The book is just gorgeous, too. xx

      Delete
  4. I got a very similar colouring book but it's a bit too intricate for me I like bigger spaces to colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite; I like lots of detail to work on. My technique isn't so good on big spaces! It ends up looking like a three year old has coloured it! Ha ha! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig