Saturday 30 May 2015

Matalan Fruity Novelty Clutch Bags

I've added three more novelty bags to my collection this week.  I know, I know; I already have enough of them for an episode of hoarders, but I just couldn't help myself. 

They were on promo, though, and I spent less than £20 on all three! Want to know how, and where from? Keep reading!


These fruit-shaped clutches are all from Matalan. At only £8 each, they are so purse-friendly, but the best part is, they're also currently on 3 for 2! All three bags, plus delivery, came to a few pennies shy of £20! Bargain! The promo is running until the 2nd of June, so there are only a few days left to snag a bargain or three. If you're coveting more than one of these clutch bags, now is the time to pounce!

My favourite of the three is the watermelon clutch. I've wanted a watermelon bag for years, and I'm so glad I held off until now. This one is exactly what I've been looking for. The colours are bold (but lighter than my photos show), the design is so quirky, the faux leather is as soft as butter, and it's surprisingly roomy, too. I even got complimented on it the other day when I took it with me to the supermarket.


The lemon wedge is essentially the same design as the watermelon, and it shares the same great features. It's got plenty of room for the essentials, it's well made, the fabric is soft... The strap is even big enough for chubby wrists. It's so bright and cheerful, but more of a soft lemon-yellow than my photos show- my camera doesn't seem to like yellow, especially on grey days.

The other lemon clutch is a little smaller than the other two, and it's also quite flat, like New Look's novelty clutch bags. It has just enough room for a few essentials, but you'll never fit the kitchen sink in this one. I can fit my phone, a slim purse, and my keys inside with a little room to spare. The quality isn't as good as the other two clutches, but for £8 I really can't complain. It's well made and I think it's cute.

I have to say, I'm so impressed with the quality of these Matalan bags, especially for the price. In my opinion, the quality is higher than that of New Look's (which I also like), and they're £5 cheaper, too! These clutches are my very first Matalan bags, and I'm so pleased with them, I just might have to go back for more. I'd love to get my hands on the ice cream cone!

Have you got any of Matalan's new novelty clutch bags yet?

You might also like:

My novelty bag collection.
My novelty Christmas bags.
My New Look novelty clutch bags.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I am so addicted to novelty bags and the fact they are so cheap is just feeding that addiction x

    Miss Kitty Kaos (Adventures Of A Riot Grrrl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the cheap price tags are my biggest downfall, too! It makes them even harder to resist. xx

      Delete
  2. These are SO cute! I can't blame you for not being able to resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad they were cheap, so I don't have to feel so guilty! Haha! xx

      Delete
  3. You are the queen of novelty bags - love these :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are super cute I love the water melon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! The watermelon is definitely my favourite. I think it would look awesome with your wardrobe, too. xx

      Delete
  5. Participate In Matalan Customer Experience Survey

    Matalan Survey

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig