Wednesday 1 October 2014

Wednesday Wish List

I can't believe that it's October already! It sure doesn't feel like we're moving deeper in to Autumn. Yesterday, it was about 25'c in Oxfordshire; all blue skies and sunshine, and if it wasn't for the fact that the leaves are beginning to turn, you'd have been forgiven for thinking it was a Summer's day. 

I managed to get out and enjoy the Indian Summer for a couple of hours yesterday, and I was roasting walking around Bicester Village (an outlet village not far from Oxford). It was gorgeous weather for shopping. We browsed a few shops but didn't stay more than an hour because I was struggling with the pain of standing and moving around; thanks, spine! I bought Christmas wrapping supplies from Cath Kidston, which I was hoping to find, and I had fun playing with the make up in the Cosmetics Co, so I came away happy. I had to stop and rest a few times, but my sister and I shared a sweet waffle with hazelnut and Nutella gelatos before we left, which obviously made everything better!

Is it sad that that little shopping trip is the first remotely fun thing I've done in at least three months? I've not been anywhere but the hospital, physiotherapy clinic, or supermarket since July 2nd! I live such a thrilling life, you see! Haha! Although judging by how much pain I've put myself in, I think I'm better suited to being a hermit, enjoying life at home!

Anyway, enough rambling; you're here to see this week's wish list. Let's just dive in...

1 // 2

I love a bit of tartan and plaid, especially during the Winter, so I instantly fell in love with these two Audrey swing dresses from Lindy Bop the moment I first saw them last week. I can't decide which colour I like best. Maybe I need both? 

1 // 2

I adore the colours of these two Tara dresses, and the sweetheart necklines and capped sleeves are a lovely touch. I think they'd be perfect to wear to a Winter wedding.

1 // 2

I don't usually go for clothes with butterfly prints because I got bored of wearing them a long time ago; mainly because I'm so sick to death of seeing them on almost every plus size top and dress in some brands' collections. I do occasionally find a butterfly print I'd be happy to wear, and the Ophelia swing dress From Lindy Bop (who else!) is one of them. The print and colours are so pretty, and the detail to the bust makes it sexy instead of twee or frumpy. I'm not sure I have a large enough chest to pull it off, though, but I think it's beautiful. 

I also love the lilac Audrey, which would be perfect for when Spring comes around again. I've yet to master the art of wearing pastels during the Winter.

1 // 2

Last week I blogged about a couple of Ophelia Lindy Bop dresses made from these bird print fabrics, and now I'm coveting the gorgeous circle skirts. I need to start adding more separates back in to my wardrobe; I don't wear them often enough these days. Lindy Bop's circle skirts keep urging me to buy them.

1 // 2

Last two Lindy Bop pieces, I swear! These two dresses dropped yesterday, and I've already got it bad for the gingham Audrey. I can see myself wearing it with studs and black accents for AW, and rocking it with pastels for SS.

I love the scallop detail to the neckline on the Daria swing dress, and the quirky heart-shaped-locket print is so unique.

Watercolour Floral Print Maxi Dress

This watercolour floral print maxi dress by Little Mistress is absolutely stunning. I especially love the lace detailing to the shoulders.

1 // 2

These love heart folder over clutch bags from ASOS are so simple in design, but in a good way. They're perfect if you want to add a little fun to your outfit without going OTT. I'm comfortable accessorising with crazy novelty handbags, but I know not everybody has the confidence for loud, in your face accessories- and they're not everybody's cup of tea. These two are subtle but still add a touch of whimsy to an outfit.


1 // 2 // 3

ASOS Curve have brought out some Halloween themed clothes, and they are so much fun! I don't really do anything to celebrate Halloween, but I'm tempted by these pieces- especially the ghost print dress! It's so cute! If you want to dress up to embrace the holiday without wearing a traditional Halloween costume, these pieces would make great alternatives.


1 // 2 // 3

These leather clutch bags from Falconwright are amazing. I'm in love with the ouija board design; isn't it brilliant?! At £55 I don't think I'll ever manage to buy one, but it doesn't hurt to admire it from afar.

1 // 2

I'd love to get my hands on a barrel bag from Cut Make Trim in a classic colour like tan or red. There's something about Autumn that makes me crave these colours, and new handbags in general. It must be to do with the start of the academic year- even if I haven't been a student since 2003! I already have one of these barrel bags in fuscia, and it's so beautiful. It's so well made, and I can fit a huge amount of stuff in it, so it's practical as well as beautifully crafted. I want one in every colour!

I have an exclusive discount code for Polka Spots and Freckle Dots readers which will save you 20% off Cut Make Trim's handmade leather satchels, barrel bags, and saddle bags at cutmaketrim.co. Just enter  the code: polkaspotsandfreckledots at the check out! 

What's on your wish list this week? Which of these are your favourites?


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love Bicester Village, I could easily spend hundreds, if not thousands of £££! Did you go to the Lulu Guiness shop? Think that one was my favourite, along with Ted Baker. And Michael Kors. Oh and Cath Kidston. Not forgetting of course the fabulous Make Up Co. Oh clearly I don't have *a* favourite at all do I?! Those Asos clutch bags are very me. The black one must be mine. I love large clutch bags, I just can't get on with little ones at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, and great minds think alike. I've done a H&M wishlist which I've scheduled for next week and I've used autumn leaves too, but they're different to these as I used Paint Shop Pro.

    I have my eye on the red tartan Lindy Bop dress! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those satchels are so you I could see them matching must of your outfits perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that ghost print dress!! I've actually seen a couple of bloggers wearing it and wondered where it was from. Now I know!! I'm glad you got to go out to the shops a bit - but I have to admit, now all I can think of is nutella gelato!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig