Tuesday 23 September 2014

Seasons Change But People Don't

Autumn is one of my favourite seasons to dress for. 

Sure, I adore the Summer brights, Spring pastels, light, floaty fabrics and cheerful prints of the warmer seasons, but as the nights start drawing in I always look forward to wearing the decadent jewel colours of Autumn. I think rich colours like teal, emerald, forest green, wine, raspberry, and dark magenta suit my complexion best, but mainly, I just find them all too gorgeous to resist! I'd fill my wardrobe with these colours if I could!

I've already started wearing rich colours this September, even if it is unseasonably warm and too hot to start digging out my Winter wardrobe just yet. I'll start with dresses and the winter knits can follow later!



Last week, I put this simple look together for, err... a walk around the garden. I used the garden like a hamster wheel and did a couple of laps for physio, I don't feel strong enough to stray from home on my own, but walking back and forth from the tripod for outfit photos soon adds up, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and took some photos, while I was in the garden.

I've been looking forward to wearing this beautiful skater dress since I bought it last month from Dorothy Perkins. I was drawn in by the gorgeous colour, which is somewhere between dark magenta and raspberry. I have a few dresses in this colour, and it's definitely one of my favourite colours to wear.

What I love about this dress is that it's made from textured fabric- which features a floral print- and it adds some interest to an otherwise simple skater dress. It's not too light or too heavy, and the short sleeves are perfect for transitioning in to Autumn. Or if you hate baring your upper arms but don't want to cover up with a cardi.

The dress sits just above the knee and it has some stretch, so your usual size should be fine. It retails for just £20, and if purple isn't your thing, it also comes in baby blueblack, and nude.


I wore mine with black leggings and forest green studded ankle boots. As soon as I tried on the dress for the first time, I knew the green boots would go perfectly with it. The boots were from Simply Be last Winter, but they do have the same boots in black and purple this season, in E and EEE fittings. I have these boots in three colours and they are the most comfortable ankle boots I've ever owned. 


The colour of the dress is much darker than it looks in this photo, but it was the best close up I took. I kept it in so you could see the texture.

You've seen me wearing this necklace many times before, but I love it so much I can't stop wearing it. I won it in Rachel's giveaway last year, and I've barely taken it off since!

Outfit Details

Dress- Dorothy Perkins // Boots- Simply Be // Glasses- Roxy
Leggings- New Look // Necklace- I won in Rachel's giveaway

Have you began embracing Autumn fashion yet this season? What colours do you love to wear at this time of year?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh, I love these colours - they make me think of Autumn for sure and the boots are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love green and red together. You look great! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is a perfect colour for your hair I love how it looks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That frock really is the perfect colour for you and I love the texture of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig