Monday 1 September 2014

My 10 Favourite Body Shop Beauty Products Part 2

Hey lovelies,

I hope you're all having a great day so far.

Last Monday I talked about five of my favourite Body Shop beauty products, and because I love the Body Shop just that much, I'm going to share another five of my favourites today. I've been using all of today's picks for years, some for over a decade, and I thought it was time I started sharing more of my established favourites alongside the new products I review for you.

So, in no particular order, here are five of my most used beauty products...

Vitamin E moisture cream



I've been using the Vitamin E moisture cream daily ever since my best friend introduced me to it about a decade ago. I was so impressed with the results the moisture cream gave that I continued to use it once that first pot was used up- and I just never stopped. I saw no reason to move on to another; it's the best face cream I've ever used! 

This moisturiser is light and non-greasy, and leaves my skin feeling refreshed, hydrated, and super soft, and looking bright and healthy not just after every use but for days afterwards. The more I use it, the better my skin looks. You only need to use a little at a time, so this light pink lotion goes a long way. At £11 for a 50ml pot it's a little pricey, but I have been known to get six months use from one pot, so it's actually a smart little buy. I try to take good care of my skin, and don't begrudge spending a little more on skincare to invest in it. I personally think this cream is worth its price tag, but the great thing about The Body Shop is that they regularly have fantastic offers and promotions online, so I rarely pay the RRP. I saved 40% on the pot I'm using now, and offers like the one I took advantage of run all the time!

Satsuma shower gel


In my opinion, The Body Shop make the best shower gels around. You only need to use a little to get a decent lather, and little effort is needed to make skin feel clean and refreshed by using them. My skin always feels soft and revitalised after a quick buff with some Body Shop shower gel on a flannel or bath lily. Most of the scents are absolutely divine, but my absolute favourite is satsuma, which contains zesty satsuma essential oils and smells like sunshine. It has the sweetest, fruitiest citrus scent, and every time I use it the fragrance never fails to make me happy. At £4 for a 250ml bottle, it's a shower gel I can  afford to indulge in, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of using it.

Satsuma body lotion


I'm a little obsessed with the satsuma body lotion at the moment; it smells so good! Like the shower gel, it has the most amazing orange citrus scent and I can't get enough of it; I've been using it religiously all summer and one whiff of it still makes me happy. It also does a brilliant job as a body lotion, in case you were wondering! Haha!

The body lotion is light and non-greasy, so it sinks in quickly after application and instantly gives me soft, healthy-looking skin without that horrible sticky texture some lotions leave behind. It may be a light body lotion, but it works wonders on softening even the driest, toughest areas of skin, like my elbows. I usually massage the body lotion in to my skin after a shower because I feel it gives the best results when applied to damp skin, but it works beautifully on dry skin, too.

Satsuma body polish


Another satsuma scented product I love to use is the satsuma body polish, which is a zesty-scented exfoliating foaming gel that gently buffs away dead skin and leaves skin looking soft and healthy. This exfoliating scrub is neither too gentle or two rough. It's gentle enough to use on delicate skin like the decolletage, and gritty enough to tackle harder skin like the knees and elbows. I love to use this alongside the satsuma shower gel and body lotion, although I don't use it religiously as it's a little expensive at £5 for 75ml or £10 for 200ml; I probably treat myself to a tube two or three times a year. 

I've just used up the last of my satsuma polish, but I took a photo of a tube of the Cranberry Joy body polish, to give you an idea of what the polishes look like. It doesn't matter which scent you choose, they all do the same job. it's all down to preference. The Cranberry Joy is another of my favourite scents, but they only sell it during the festive season. It probably won't be long until it hits the shops again! (Scary!) I was given a Cranberry gift tin last Christmas, and used up everything else, but somehow squirrelled the polish away and forgot about it. Now I've found it, I'll have it used up in no time! It smells so good!

Seaweed ionic clay mask


I've long been a fan of a good clay mask, and the Body Shop's seaweed ionic clay mask is one of the best I've ever tried. This mask is brilliant because it draws out all the impurities in the skin, and helps to control excess oils, so it's great for people with combination and oily skin types. My nose is often quite oily and it's dotted with badly clogged pores, but after using this mask, the pores are cleaner and less noticeable, and my nose is almost oil free for a couple of days! My skin also feels refreshed and revitalised after every use, and you really can't beat that fresh-faced feeling.

All you need to do is apply a thin layer of the cool grey clay to your face, and wait five to ten minutes for it to set. (You'll know it's time to wash it off when you can barely move your facial muscles). Once it's dry, wash it off with some warm water and a face cloth, and voila, say "hello" to gorgeous skin!


So, that sums up my ten favourite Body Shop beauty products. If you'd like to read about my other five favourites, you can do so here: My 10 Favourite Body Shop Products Part 1.

What are your favourite products from The Body Shop?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've not tried any of these products. I can't recommend the solid mousturing stick enough xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything satsuma from the body shop!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig