Thursday 11 September 2014

Getting To Know Me

I saw this challenge over on Mandy Leigh's blog last week, and it looked like fun so I've decided to give it a go. I thought it would be a great way to share a little more about myself and my little quirks.

Let's get started!


The Basics

Name: Louise Christine P.

Age: 29

Height: 5'6'' ish.

Hair Colour: Naturally: dark brown. Currently: bright red.

Eye Colour: Brown.

Religion: Atheist, but I was raised Catholic.

Ethnicity: English. I'm Southern born and raised, but with mostly Northern family.

Status: Single.


Favourites

Colour: Green, teal, turquoise, and cobalt blue.

Hair Style: Long flowing locks with a slight curl.

Food: Chinese.

Soda: Coca Cola, Pepsi, and Orangina.

Alcoholic Beverage: Woo-woos, daiquiris, Archers and lemonade, and vodka and lemonade.

Store: Cath Kidston, Paperchase, and Accessorize.

Mall: There aren't really malls close to where I live. I remember loving The Metro Centre in Gateshead when I was little, though.

State: New York.

City: New York, and London.

Animal: Tapirs, giraffes, beluga whales, narwhals, foxes, bunnies, and dogs.

Movie: Titanic and Steel Magnolias.

Anime: I don't like Anime.

Book: The Stand by Stephen King, and The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Music: Rock, Indie, Alternative.

Song: Iridescent by Linkin Park, Surburban War by Arcade Fire, Pyro by Kings of Leon, Rise by Boyzone, She's My Winona and Young Volcanoes by Fall Out Boy, Broken by Seether and Amy Lee, Lost in Paradise by Evanescence and Trade Mistakes my Panic! at the Disco are some of my current favourites.

Band / Artist: Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Boyzone, and Ronan Keating are my favourites. I also love Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Evanescence, Panic! at the Disco, and Snow Patrol.

Website: Pinterest, Postsecret, Tumblr, and Blogger.


This or That

Soda or juice? Soda... yeah, I know that's not good!

Music or Internet? Both! I couldn't live without either. Music while on the Internet?

Rock or rap? Rock!

Cats or dogs? Dogs, but I like cats, too.

White or black? Black... but white for furniture and home decor.

Cell phone or iPod? iPod.

Curly hair or straight hair? Curly, but my hair is straight.

Laptop or computer? Laptop.

Mountain Dew or Pepsi? Pepsi. We don't get Mountain Dew in England.

Phone or Internet? Internet.

Summer or Winter? Summer for the long hours of daylight, but Winter for the more comfortable temps and Christmas!

Going out or staying in? Staying in.


Random

What do you do in your spare time? Blog, read, spend way too much time on Pinterest, write, watch movies, paint my nails, listen to music, crafts, write lists, go to the cinema, surf the net... When I was pain free I would also go to a lot of concerts, travel, take little day trips to London, shop, catch musicals at the theatre, go to the zoo, hop on a train for a mini adventure, visit friends, and bake.

What do you wish you had more time for? Reading.

What's your usual clothing style? Girlie and quirky, with plenty of colour and fun prints.

What's your usual hair style? Straightened long bob with a blunt fringe.

What are you wearing? My red gingham Lindy Bop swing dress.

Are you single or taken? Single.

Who would you die for? My family,

What do you think of one night stands? They're not for me, but I don't judge anybody who has them.

Who's your best friend? My best friend is Angela, who's been my bestie since 1996!

Do you have any pets? Only tropical fish at the moment, but we're currently talking about getting a dog to keep me company.

Do you plan on getting married? Never say never, but I'm still not convinced anybody would want me. LOL!

Do you plan on having kids? It's never been my dream to have kids, and working in a toy shop for years has put me off kids for life... but I do love the idea of having a family... once the kids are adults, anyway! Haha! I guess we'll see!

How old do you wish you were? Not 29, that's for sure! I wouldn't mind going back to 26 so I can make up for the three years I've lost to back pain.

If you were to be anywhere right now, where would it be? New York City or Perranporth Beach in Cornwall.

Ever gone camping? Does camping in a back garden, or staying in a tent with camp beds at a Haven holiday park count??

Have you ever gone skiing on a mountain? No. I've never been skiing, but I'd love to learn someday.

Ever gone to church? Yes, I was brought up Catholic and went to a Catholic primary school, so I was dragged along to quite a few services growing up. It was never for me, though, and I'm an atheist so I only go for weddings, funerals, and christenings these days.

Ever gone to a famous water park? No, I don't think so.

Ever gone out of state? We don't have states in England, but I have visited many places all over the UK and Ireland.

Ever gone out of the country? Yes. I'm not well travelled yet, but I've been to France, America, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and Scotland so far.

When was the last time you left town? I went to London for the day just over a month ago for a CT scan.

What year were you born in? 1985.

What do you do in the summer time? I love to head to the beach, have barbecues, sight-see, travel, enjoy the sunshine, and listen to uplifting songs.

Are you naturally tanned? No, I'm extremely pale. I have the fair white, freckled skin of a red-head.

Do you live in a house? Yes, I live in a three-bedroomed semi-detached house with my parents and little sister.

What do you have on your mind? Blog posts, Autumn, Christmas, hospital appointments, life.

What time is it? 2:16am.

If you want to give this challenge a go, too, please do, crediting back to Mandy! I'd love to see your posts, so leave me your links below!

Thanks for reading.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love posts like this, thanks for sharing :)
    Yay for the 5'6" club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 5"6 too!! Narwhals are also one of my favourite animals :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig