Friday 12 September 2014

A Day in the Life: September 2014

I can't remember the last time I did one of these 'day in the life' posts, but it was probably over a year ago, so this post is definitely over due.

Today, I'm going to share some snippets from Wednesday the 10th.


Three of the cheap Christmas DVDS I ordered from Play.com to add to the collection came in the post. I may or may not already be thinking ahead to Christmas... 


I pampered myself with a quick manicure. I removed Barry M's Racing Green and replaced it with Real Red. Both polishes are my all time favourites. You can't beat a Barry M nail polish!


I went for a walk around the garden. My new physiotherapist has challenged me to take a short walk every day this week, and I've been pushing myself to try. I've been far too wobbly and in too much pain to go for a walk in public, so instead I did a lap of the garden! It's about 120 feet long, so I can cover a reasonable distance by walking around the perimeter- and bonus, I don't have to feel self-conscious about limping, waddling, walking slowly, or stopping to breathe through the pain.


I found some apples on our little Cox's apple tree, and picked this one. 


I discovered we have blackberries right at the bottom of the garden! I've lived in this house for seventeen years and this is the first time I've noticed we have brambles! They're ten foot high! To be fair, I haven't ventured down the garden in years. My Mum used some to make a blackberry and apple crumble and it was delicious.


After my walk, I sat in the garden with a drink and chatted to my Dad in the sunshine. My Russian doll bag decided to join us.


I was wearing my chevron-patterned, drop-waist dress from Dorothy Perkins for the first time.



While I was sat in the garden, I couldn't resist taking photos of the butterflies fluttering to and fro around the flower bed in front of me. 


I captured an RAF helicopter in the flawless blue sky flying back to base.


My Dad had to pop out for a minute, so I sat and listened to a couple of songs while waiting on the plumber. Don't judge; I love that song right now!


I then went back to bed and flicked through a few magazines. 


I sat back and relaxed with my Christmas cross stitch picture. 


I completed a creative writing task in the '712 More Things To Write About' book.


I picked up my Q&A a Day journal and contemplated the day's prompt.


I sat and watched The Bake Off. And craved cake! I ate a peach instead.


I edited some blog photos and uploaded them in to draft posts.


And last but not least, I curled up with my Kindle until I fell asleep.

Do you enjoy seeing 'a day in the life' or 'photo an hour' posts? Would you like to see more of them? Let me know in the comments below!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Oh what a lovely idea for a post - love your butterfly photo and the fact you discovered blackberries in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts! Thanks for sharing. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! You did heaps in that day! If I did one of these it would be like 'had a shower, went to work, came home, played computer'. Ahahahaha!

    I love the garden photos, how cool to have found the brambles! You will have to give that blackberry recipe a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You really do keep super busy in a day - I'm not this productive. You have a really pretty garden. I love it! I love the blackberries - we used to have a few blackberry bushes on our farm when I was a kid and they were fun to eat, the ones that did actually make it home usually became blackberry and apple pie! I'm glad someone else is thinking of Christmas! I ordered a few presents too. It's always good to space out those purchases over the months leading up to Christmas - otherwise it hurts your wallet too much!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig