Monday 12 August 2013

Tonight The Foxes Hunt The Hounds

I was intending to save this dress until the beginning of Autumn for it's blog debut, so I could do it justice and dress it appropriately in gorgeous Autumn hues, but... I love this dress so much I felt I had to introduce it now while it's still in stock. I thought it would be cruel of me to tease you with a beautiful dress, only to find out it had sold out weeks earlier. Y'know, for a change.

When I saw this dress modelled by the lovely Vicky of The Curved Opinion on her blog last weekend, I actually squealed out loud and almost choked on my tongue with excitement. I was in such instantaneous love, I was missing laptop keys in my eagerness to scramble over to Very to buy one. I don't remember ever being so much in love with an item of clothing before, and this is me- the crazy dress lady!




This dress has already earned a place amongst my favourite dresses. Firstly, it is printed with lovely little red foxes with great attention to detail. Fox print! When I was a little girl, I was besotted with red foxes. Most little girls love ponies and dolphins; but I, always a little different, adored foxes. I think that was partly a result of The Animals of Farthing Wood cartoons, which I was also obsessed with.  So, to find a beautiful dress with those little critters on was like Christmas had come early. True love.

I adore the beautiful colour of the fabric. It's the deepest, dreamiest shade of cerise; a colour I can't wait to wear in Autumn and Winter to brighten up dull barren days. It's impossible to feel miserable wearing this colour. The fabric is polyester, but it's lined, and doesn't cling or seem to go static every two seconds. It has a fitted waist, and a sweetheart neckline with a lace panel to finish the dress off above it.



(Apologies for the bra straps; I know they ruin the look of the dress. I just don't own a good strapless bra. Also, in the chest shots, the dress looks too big on me, but it's not- it's actually a great fit!)

The lace part of the dress has a beautiful floral pattern, and it's also present at the back of the dress as well as at the front. I love the little capped sleeves which this dress also features; there's just something so pretty about those little finishing touches.

The dress is by a brand called South, and it's available to buy from Very in sizes 8-24 for £25 here. If print isn't your thing, they also have this dress is plain aubergine.

I'm head over heels in love with this dress, and can't wait to dress it up for Autumn. I think it'll look great with opaque tights in black, brown, or purple, with ankle boots, a boyfriend cardigan, and a good winter coat or biker jacket.


The main accessory I just had to dress this frock with was my daschund shaped bag from Mantaray. As soon as I first saw the dress, I knew I would have to pair them together. Not just because foxes and hounds go together, but also due to the Fall Out Boy lyrics I used for the title which I've barely stopped singing since April.

I also wore a Cath Kidston rose bracelet, and a jewel-coloured ring, keeping everything else simple to focus the attention on the dress.

Outfit Details

Dress- South for Very // Bag- Mantaray for Debenhams // Bracelet- Cath Kidston // 
Ring- Evans //


SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I love this dress, had a look for it after your comment on my fox dress the other day, it looks lovely on you and I remember my obsession with the Animals of Farthing Wood, quite well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it would look lovely on you, too! The Animals of Farthing Wood was a great programme to grow up with!

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous dress! I love the foxes and the lace at the top. The colour is lovely. I was a big farthing wood fan too, my favourite was mole :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. You should check it out! It's one of the loveliest dresses I've ever owned. I loved Mole! In fact, I think I still have a stuffed teddy of him up in the loft! Haha! :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome dress, you look gorgeous. Your hair looks amazing too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much, Linz :). I keep looking at my hair thinking it looks a mess! xx

      Delete
  4. Oh such a beautiful dress - I love the lace and that print is of course amazing xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! All the little details are gorgeous xx

      Delete
  5. Yay I'm so glad it fits! The color is gorgeous with the lace, and I like how you styled it, especially with the dark nails... a bit vamp-y but still cute, if that makes sense. Beautiful! :)

    And I totally have that song stuck in my head now ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect fit and I adore it! I love the colour and all the little details, it's just beautiful. Thanks; I didn't really do much for this OOTD (will dress it up more later), but I liked the dark green nail polish with the colour of the dress. Vampy makes sense!

      Haha, it's barely left my head in months! Great song! :)

      Delete
  6. Aw thank you so much, Vicky! I'm so in love with this dress. It's definitely an all year frock, but especially good for A/W. It'll look amazing layered up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress so, so much! You look awesome. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look beautiful and the bag goes so well ! your such a cutie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Louise, I bought this dress over the weekend in the sale for £7. It arrived today and looks awful on me. :-( On you, it seems to be knee length. I am 5 foot 11 and its really short on me. I can only assume that you aren't as tall me! Like you, I cover my legs up to the best of my ability as I am too paranoid about exposing too much flesh. You look great! x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig