Saturday 13 July 2013

ABC Tag

Hey guys,

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

Today I have a tagged post for you, which Leah of Just Me, Leah kindly tagged me in. I've seen this ABC Tag challenge making the rounds around the blogosphere lately, and I was more than happy to oblige as it sounded like fun, and I thought it might be interesting for anybody who wants to get to know me a little better.

So, without further ado, here's the ABC Tag challenge:


Attached or Single?

Single.

Best Friend?

I've had the same best friend for almost seventeen years. Her name is Angela, and we met on our first week of secondary school when we were both eleven. She's a mate in a million, and life would be very dull and empty without her.

Cake or Pie?

Typical fat girl response: I prefer cake... but then, who doesn't like a slice of cake every now and then?!

Day of Choice?

At the moment, they're all pretty much the same to me; the days all just blur in to one. I used to look forward to Mondays, as it was my day off after a long working week, but right now I can't say I have a preference.

Essential Item?

Pain medication, dresses, music, glasses / contact lenses,  mascara, nail polish, and my laptop!

Favourite Colour?

I like green, cobalt blue, teal, turquoise, purple, mint, and yellow. I love peacock colours, and anything bright and cheerful.

Gummy Bears or Worms?

I'm not the biggest fan of either, to be honest, but if I had to choose I'd go with the bears. The orange ones are the best.

Hometown

A town somewhere in Oxfordshire, England.

Indulgence?

At the moment, that's probably dresses and nail polishes. I'm also partial to bags, and the old me used to spend a lot of money on concert tickets and travel; unfortunately that one has had to go on the back burner, for now.

January or July?

I prefer July without a doubt. My birthday is in July; the weather can be lovely and warm; and the long hours of daylight are something I crave all Winter. I hate the dark, dismal Winter mornings and how the evenings begin in the afternoon; I find January so claustrophobic and depressing.

Kids?

I don't have any, and I'm not sure if I want any, or even if I can, but I guess I do like the idea of having a family. Never say never. Who knows what the future holds!

Life Isn't Complete Without?

Family, friends, music, dresses, books, nature, colour, and my laptop.

Marriage?

Shouldn't we get to know each other a little better first?! ;)

Number of Brothers / Sisters?

I have two sisters. One older, who's thirty-four, and one younger who's twenty-four. Yep, I'm a middle child.

Oranges or Apples?

Has to be oranges.

Phobias?

I have a few phobias, and I'd say most of them are pretty universal, and totally justified. I'm scared of:

~Spiders. Enough said.
~Daddy-Long-Legs'. They're one of my biggest phobias, and I will bolt screaming from a room if I see one. They will leave me trembling and occasionally in tears. I hate the way they dive bomb you, which makes them so much worse than spiders!
~Confined spaces- I can be very claustrophobic, especially in places where I'm unable to immediately free myself from, like an MRI scanner, or a car wash.
~Drowning.
~Dying in a fire.
~Being in a car crash. I sometimes get nervous about travelling by car because I know how many reckless drivers there are out on the roads, and the thought of dying in a horrific car accident terrifies me.

Quotes?

These are just some of my favourite quotes:

~Don't be sad because it's over; smile because it happened.
~It ain't the destination, it's the ride.
~Life isn't about the number of breaths you take, it's about the moments that take your breath away.
~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
~Never regret something that once made you smile.

Reasons to Smile?

~I'm alive.
~The weather is currently gorgeous. Blue skies and sunshine never fail to make me smile.
~Because frowning won't achieve anything.
~I'm further along the road to self-acceptance than I've ever been before; I feel more comfortable with who I am than ever before.
~I've been living with depression for over a decade and have been through some very dark years, but right now I'm happier and more content than I've ever been in my adult life.
~My best friend never fails to make me smile.
~I love blogging, and have some lovely blogger friends and readers!

Season of Choice?

I love every season in different ways, but I'm going to say summer as the long hours of daylight make me really happy, and I live in an area which is so beautiful and green in the summer time.

Tag 5 People.

I tag Rachel of A Dress is For Life; Nita of Pashteit; Hannah of Doodleheartx; Jenny of The Geek Shall Inherit The Earth; and lastly... everybody who wants to give this challenge a shot!

Unknown Fact About Me?

I struggle to come up with facts about myself. I'm really not that interesting, and I think I've told you all the good stuff already!

Vegetable?

My favourites is probably broccoli, but it has to be really soft. I don't like it to have any bite.

Worst Habit?

One of my worst habits (yes, I have a few), is bad time keeping. No matter how much time I leave myself to get ready, I always seem to be running late for wherever I need to go. I have those days where everything I try on makes me feel like the side of a house, which makes me feel awful and bloated, and then I end up running late as I struggle to find an outfit I feel good in. I've also been known to make myself late by spending far too long doing my make up.

Xray or Ultrasound?

I've never had an ultrasound, but I have had a fair few x rays. I've had my teeth x rayed at the dentist and orthodontists, and I had several x rays on my wrist when I broke it five or six years ago. I've had a couple of MRI scans, too, and I never want to go through that again.

Your Favourite Food?

Probably the house special chow mein from my local Chinese takeaway. The noodles are to die for! You also can't beat roast turkey with all the trimmings on Christmas day, can you?!

Zodiac Sign?

I'm a cancer.

I hope you've enjoyed the post!

Have a great day.



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ugh, daddy long legs are evil! Yuk. I like bright colours too, and love the colour combinations you do in your outfits. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the worst things known to man! They freak me out so much. Aw thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks very much for the tag, I will give this a go :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig