Monday 13 May 2013

Blog Every Day In May Day Thirteen: A Public Apology

When I first saw today's topic for the blogging challenge- 'Issue a public apology. This can be as funny or as serious or as creative as you want it to be'-  quite frankly I had absolutely no clue what I was going to apologize about.


Then it made me think about Mean Girls, and the scene where all the girls had to apologize to people they'd hurt in their lives. "I'm sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It's not your fault you're so gap-toothed." "I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhoea at Barnes & Nobles. And I'm sorry for telling everyone about it. And I'm sorry for repeating it now." So, it gave me the idea to apologize about lots of little things, as if I were purging my body of regret and remorse to a priest at confession.


So, I've got some public apologising to do... I hope you'll accept my apologies. I've so sorry. I hope we can stay friends...

-I'm sorry for the bad quality of my blog photos.

-I'm sorry I don't post outfit photos consistently or often enough.

-I'm sorry to my friends for not texting / phoning as often as I should. I love you guys.

-I'm sorry for not being a very good friend to my friends (see above).

-I'm sorry to my family for burdening them with my back injuries, and needing their care as a result of them.

-I'm sorry for talking so much about living with disc injuries.

-I'm sorry to my Mum for turning down the food she makes when everything makes me feel nauseated.

-I'm sorry to my old colleagues for being a stressed out control freak and perfectionist. I don't know what I was thinking, but I'm sure you're glad I'm no longer there.

-I'm sorry to two old colleagues of mine, D and T, who once got cautioned for accidentally talking to me about wages. I still feel so guilty about it. Sorry, and thank you for sticking up for me.

-I'm sorry for all the times I've been impatient, moody, and mean to my family.

-I'm sorry for over reacting over stupid little things.

-I'm sorry to my overdraft for abusing it so much. I can't help it when I need bandages, shampoo, and... err new dresses.

-I'm sorry for spamming my Tumblr followers with images of my favourite bands.

-I'm sorry to my Pinterest followers for spamming them with images of just about everything. I'm sorry. It all inspires me too much.

-I'm sorry for being fat... I know how that offends some narrow-minded people. Oh, wait, I'm not sorry. It's not my fault you're narrow-minded.

-I'm sorry I don't fit the media's ideal of beauty. Sorry. Not sorry.

-I'm sorry for never being one to follow the crowd. Oh, wait, no I'm not!

-I'm sorry there are people in the world who have made your lives hell because of your shape, size, and / or appearance, and that people continue to do so today. Nobody should even be harassed for their appearance, no matter how fat or thin they are. You're all beautiful.

-I'm sorry that plus size fashion still isn't accessible to all plus sizes in most collections, and that larger ladies are being alienated, and not given a selection of fashionable places to shop and choose from. 

And I'm sorry I can't think of anything else to apologize for.

What would you apologize for?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig