Monday 1 April 2013

You put my heart in such a flurry, flurry

It's no secret that I'm slightly obsessed with Cath Kidston's eclectic range of beautiful products. A few weeks ago I shared my collection with you all here on my blog, and the photos even shocked me a little. I own more of their lovely things than I'd realised. 

Well, since then I have added a few new additions to my collection... two little pieces which don't really warrant a blog post, and one large piece which does...


A suitcase! A teal polka dot oil cloth suitcase to be precise!

I finally own a piece of Cath Kidston luggage!

I have been admiring Cath Kidston luggage from afar for several years, and all the while wishing I could own one little piece of it. Although, closing in on the £100 mark, they were always a little too expensive for such a frivolous thing.



Thankfully, there is a wonderful thing for the tighter budget known as an outlet village, and there's one close to where my sister lives on the South coast of England which happens to have a great Cath Kidston branch. As this outlet village is five minutes from where she lives, and I've been staying with her on and off all year, my Sister has been taking me to this outlet village for a stroll whenever my back injuries have allowed me the odd half an hour of tolerance. 


I first saw these suitcases in person in the New Year (although I'd been lusting after them online for much longer), and each time I'd make a bee line for them. Though I was never able to buy one as it's not been a great year financially for me, which has been torture as not only was it reduced to about £55 from £85, but it was the suitcase I'd been coveting for months.


In three months, I'd probably visited that shop four or five times. Perhaps six. And last week, we popped in before my hospital appointment, and saw that the stack of suitcases were depleted. There were just two left. And they were just £40 each! Well, who could resist such a bargain? My Sister bought one for herself, and loaned me the money for the other. So, I now have a beautiful teal polka dot suitcase. And it's mine, all mine!

I can't believe I finally own a Cath Kidston suitcase! It's just so beautiful! The bag is actually a green teal, not as blue as these photos show, and it fits a huge amount of clothes so might even be large enough for a week's holiday. (Perhaps not with me, I haven't perfected the art of travelling light yet). It's made from oil cloth which is strong and easy to clean, has strong handles, and a strap to wear it over the shoulder, and did I mention it's beautiful?

It's oh so beautiful. And I'm one satisfied customer!




On a separate occasion, I was pleased to be able to pick up another set of these armour buttons, after buying a couple of packs to give a jacket some TLC, and then later realising I was two buttons short. Catastrophe avoided. 

I also bought a cute cherry patch. The last time I sewed a patch on anything I was in Brownies!


The buttons were £1.50 for one pack of six buttons, down from £6.00, which is a much more reasonable price for buttons in my opinion. £1 a button is a bit steep, don't you think?

I'm hoping these buttons will be a good replacement for the very similar buttons on my favourite military jacket. I'm missing two of those bronze buttons now, and will be very sad to see them go.


I think this lovely little cherry patch was just £1. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it at the moment. Has anybody got any suggestions?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig