Sunday 10 February 2013

Sunday Favourites #16

Each Sunday I like to share some of the inspiring quotes and images I've been fortunate to stumble up on via Tumblr and Pinterest during the previous seven days. These fortunate little accidents are bought together for a feature I like to call 'Serendipity Sunday'. 

This week I have some real gems to share, so I hope they inspire you as much as they've inspired me.


I'm planning to attempt this Cath Kidston-esque manicure... although I doubt I could ever recreate it so perfectly. Isn't it pretty?


I saw this image on Tumblr, and thought both ladies looked so effortlessly stylish. Their dresses are so beautiful! The image led me to a lovely vintage fashion and lifestyle blog called Flower Child... check it out!


I don't think I'll ever tire of polka dot dresses, or bright red hair. This frock is a beauty; such a lovely colour and shape. I wish my red hair was this bright, but I refuse to give in and bleach it.


I'm not sure if this is a vintage or vintage inspired image, but one thing I'm sure of is how much I like the shape of those dresses!


These images are from a great tutorial for this rockabilly hair do. Just follow the source...


I adore this rainbow eye liner! It's definitely something I will try when I have all the right colours in my make up collection. I actually used to own red and orange eye liners at one time, and you'd be surprised by how striking those colours can be as eye make up!


I also want to try this gorgeous orange and purple look.


I've fallen in love with this pair of floral Dr Martens. Well, actually, I've rekindled my love of this design as I've cooed over this image before.


I love this tattoo piece. I want something like it along my collar bone when I'm back on my feet again to represent freedom.


A few weeks ago I found an amazing Alice and Wonderland tattoo piece that somebody had covering both arms and their torso... and now I've found another work of art dedicated to the cartoon. I'm actually quite tempted to do something similar... to get a Wonderland piece, although I doubt I could pull it off!


I also really like this cute little musical tattoo. It's subtle but relevant, as I love music and listen to some every day without fail.


I really do believe in the quote above. All bodies are good bodies! 

And I also love this one!


These two pups have to be the cutest, cuddliest puppies I've ever seen! Sign me up for puppy cuddles!


And this little feline is equally one of the most adorable cats I've laid eyes on. I think it's a caracal kitten. Are these wild cats being domesticated now??


I really need a large shelving unit for my ever growing nail polish collection, and when I saw this image I thought 'this is perfect'. The image actually leads to a video and blog post which shows you how to make one for yourself! And if that doesn't sound good enough, it's reasonably inexpensive to create!


And I'll finish with something which reminds me that there is always something to be thankful for, and that there is always somebody less fortunate than ourselves.

Thanks for reading,
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I always love reading these posts and look forward to them.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Becky. I'm glad that you enjoy them :) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos - I love the Cath Kidston nail art, if I had steady enough hands I would attempt this myself :)

    I have some purple eyeliner in my make-up collection somewhere...pretty keen to give that look a go too! x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! I love it, too, but my attempt wouldn't be neat in the slightest. I have such unsteady hands!

      Purple eyeliner always looks amazing! Give it a go! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig