Friday 2 November 2012

I ♥ Fall Tag

I saw this Autumn inspired tag on Sarah's blog and decided to steal the post idea as I was having a bit of writer's block. This tagged post is all to do with Autumn and Halloween. Well, technically, the questions are titled with 'Fall', but I'm English and in England this season is more commonly known as Autumn, so forgive me for answering a Fall question with the word Autumn in my sentences.

1. Favourite Fall lip product?

I have a new found love for Benefit's Benetint lip and cheek stain after getting a small pot of it free with a magazine recently. One coat of it gives a subtle, natural look, but it can also be built up to create a more intense pout. It makes my small lips look so much fuller, and it gets extra points for being versatile and giving my cheeks an English Rose glow, too.


2. Favourite Fall nail polish?

This Autumn I'm really loving Barry M's Raspberry, Racing Green, and Ruby Glitter polishes, and also NYC Backstage Brown. Each colour works so well with my Autumn wardrobe, and even though they're all inexpensive polishes (which are fab as they don't break the bank), they all dry wonderfully smooth, and can remain chip free for days.

Ruby Glitter (Centre), Raspberry (Right)

Racing Green (Right)

Backstage Brown

3. Favourite Starbucks Fall drink?

I'm not much of a Starbucks drinker. I don't drink tea or coffee, and I personally prefer to head to Costa for a sweet treat. On the rare occasion I visit either, it tends to be for a hot chocolate when I'm out shopping and freezing because the temperature is below zero. I do remember loving the hazelnut hot chocolate I once had in Starbucks in Covent Garden, though.

4. Favourite Fall candle?

It's technically designed for the festive season, but during both Autumn and Winter I love the scent of the Christmas Cupcake and Vanilla Cupcake Yankee Candles. They smell like a mixture of vanilla cupcakes and shortbread, and smell delicious. The aroma of cakes baking in the kitchen reminds me of cold dark Sunday afternoons when my Mum would often be baking something delicious in the kitchen, so they give a really comforting, nostalgic smell.


 5. Favourite fall scarf or accessory?

I've just purchased myself a new knitted teal snood, and it's so warm and cosy. It's definitely my new favourite accessory, and it's in one of my favourite Autumn colours.

I also adore my navy polka dot scarf, and my cut off crochet Accessorize gloves, which I have in two different colour themes.


[Source]

6. Haunted house, haunted hay ride, or haunted corn maze?

I can't say I've ever experienced any of the above. Halloween was never much of a big deal in England when I was growing up. People are beginning to get in to it more these days, but I've never stumbled up on a 'haunted' social event.

7. Favourite Halloween movie?

Hocus Pocus! I grew up watching it every Halloween, and over the years it's become a tradition to watch it every year. Childish, maybe, but it brings back good memories, and let's face it, nineties kids, it really can't be beat! When I was little, I wanted to be Sarah Jessica Parker's character... what was I thinking?

I love to dig out the Scream saga, and Labyrinth, too.



8. Favourite candy to eat on Halloween?

I don't have a preference or any traditions, as I don't usually make much of a deal out of Halloween, apart from watching movies and occasionally carving a pumpkin... I'm not a big fan of sweets, but you can never go wrong with some Haribo Star Mix or a bar of chocolate.

9. What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was eleven. If I had somewhere to go and celebrate, I like the idea of dressing up as Amy Ferrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory. There was a photo of a girl who did just that on Tumblr last year, and I thought the idea was brilliant!

When I was younger, I was usually dressed as a ghost.

My pumpkin from last year.

10. What is your favourite thing about Fall?

I love crunching through dead leaves, buying new clothes, layering, keeping warm in cute gloves and scarves, and knowing Christmas isn't far away. I love how pretty everything looks with a backdrop of colourful leaves, and feeling the frost on my skin on cold mornings. Oh, and ordinarily, I get excited for bonfire night.

 Halloween 2011

What do you love about Autumn/Fall?

Feel free to give this challenge a go, too!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ooh i recently bought the ruby glitter polish, i love it! And I always wanted to be SJP in Hocus Pocus too, she made me laugh :D Love that film! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ruby Glitter is amazing. It works over so many polishes. That film made the nineties x

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig