Wednesday 21 November 2012

Fabulous Little Known Shops and Sellers

Sometimes I like to wear fashionable pieces which can't be found on every high street in the country. I've nothing against mass produced fashion at all- obviously I frequently shop from well known brands, it's just I don't want to turn up to a gathering or night out and see six other girls wearing the same dress with the same necklace as me. Nobody wants to feel like a mannequin in a high street window.

Granted my personal style is a little different to that of the average small town girl, but I still enjoy scouting out unusual pieces to accessorize with. That's just who I am. I love to wear quirky jewellery, especially pieces I know nobody else I know is likely to have. I usually head to Camden to source some rare handmade gems, but I also take advantage of the Internet, too.

And today, I've decided to share a few of my new favourite online shops with you lovely lot. Well, it would be rude to keep such lovely things to myself now, wouldn't it?

Enjoy!






I stumbled up on Ali Buttons' shop after seeing photos of her wearing amazing quirky outfits on my Tumblr dashboard. I loved her style, so I hopped on over to her blog to follow, and discovered most of the clothes she modelled were for her shop! Obviously, I couldn't help myself and had to have a look, and immediately fell in love with everything.

 She sells plus size skirts made from the cutest, quirkiest patterns, which I long to purchase (and hopefully will in time), and also a great range of jewellery from gorgeous adjustable button rings to cardigan clips. Basically, I would own it all if I could!





Sweet and Lovely is an online shop ran by Kate of Scathingly Brilliant, which is another wonderful blog I found through Tumblr. Her vintage-inspired, pastel loving style clearly influences the jewellery and other products she makes, and they're all, well, sweet and lovely! I adore her sweater clips, which I plan to investigate further by purchasing one when I have the funds. I can't help thinking how perfect they'd be with my yellow polka dot AX Paris dress in spring and summer!





I became aware of Flapper Girl a month or so ago, and am smitten with their 'Lady Ties'. They're inspired by actresses from the 1920s and 30s, and come in so many different patterns and colours. The above are a few of the ties I love, but there are many equally beautiful others to choose from. They're designed to be worn under collars, and I think they're an amazing way of completing an outfit. I hope to purchase one or two soon.




I discovered the Kitschen Sink shop after Rachel blogged about her Bambi skunk brooch a few months ago.  Kitschen Sink sell some amazing kitsch accessories, and these brooches are my favourites. They're handmade by Rowan Grant using pages from damaged vintage books, and are all one of a kind- and not to mention, utterly adorable, too!





I've been following The Nearsighted Owl blog for a few months now, and not only do I feel inspired by Rachele's posts on body positivity and fatshion, but I've also fallen in love with the crochet collars she's started making for her Etsy Shop. I have a soft spot for collars right now and these two have to be my favourites. They look so soft and vintage; and would look perfect over dresses, cardigans, and tops. She has many others for sale, so head over and have a look.


Well, I hope you've enjoyed this post, and I hope you'll check out a few of these great online shops. They really are all too wonderful to keep to myself . I'm pretty sure I'll be making a few purchases when my Christmas shopping is all done.

Have you shopped from any of these shops before?

Can you recommend an Etsy or other online shop I might like?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I rarely have time to check out etsy but you can find some amazing stuff on there ! Thanks for sharing these xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a little browsing on there recently and there really are some gorgeous things. I thought you'd probably like some of these xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig