Friday 19 October 2012

Twenty Snoods

I was hoping to have an outfit post for you today, but I didn't wake up until 4:30pm, and since the light was already poor and I needed a shower first, it just wouldn't have worked. So, instead I've put together a post about snoods, and will attempt an OOTD tomorrow instead.

Over the last week or two I've been on the hunt for a new snood or two to see me through until Spring. My family keep rolling their eyes at me for purchasing things to wear outside seeing how I'm confined to bed and rarely have the strength to get down the stairs, let alone out the house. I, however, maintain that I do have to leave the house every now and again for medical appointments, and since I'm aiming to leave the house for a short while at least once a week for the sake of my sanity (when I feel up to shuffling about like an old lady), that I do need some things to keep me warm. I can't afford a whole new Winter wardrobe, but a couple of scarves and snoods can easily update some old outfits and can make all the difference in the cold.


 I currently own two snoods- a grey hooded knitted one I purchased from ASOS last year, and a purple polka dot one I got from Topshop this week, but I adore snoods (and scarves); I'm a little obsessed, so I'm not really sure why I don't own more. I think they can be a great statement piece, or perfect finishing touch to a lot of outfits, and there are so many different designs and patterns available which let your personality shine through. They're so easy to wear, too; like an instant scarf: ready to wear, just dress and go!

I've put together some of my favourite snood discoveries from a week of online window shopping.


18. ASOS owl print snood £12.00
19. ASOS hedgehog print snood £18.00
20. Pieces (via ASOS) moustache snood £12.00

I came across hundreds of beautiful snoods, which made for difficult choosing. There's so much choice out there; so many beautiful colours, patterns, and designs! I was originally planning to buy the dark green heart print River Island one (no. 7), but after a lot of deliberating and procrastinating, I eventually bought the burgundy polka dot Topshop one (no. 2). There was something about the unusual colour combination of dark red and teal, and of course the polka dots, which stood out to me. I definitely made the right choice. I may pick another one or two up this Autumn; I'd especially like to add a thicker, wool knit version in to my wardrobe (no. 17 is beautiful, and no. 15 looks especially cosy). And I still adore the heart print one.  I love the daschund print scarf, but sadly my little Sister beat me to that one and bought it in taupe. Designs 1, 8, and 12 are also on my short list.

Which one is your favourite?

Have you embraced the snood trend yet?

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I actually almost bought that one last week but didn't! xx

      Delete
  2. these are all wonderful! i think the green heart print one is my second-favourite, my absolute favourite is the heavy-knit teal snood by asos (17) i might just have to get that one myself it's beautiful and looks so cosy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my two favourites, too! The teal one is next on my list. I think it would be perfect for the cold xx

      Delete
  3. Such a cute idea for a post! :) would you like to follow eachother?

    http://rrecommends.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pretty - i have yet to try a snood, i do like the butterfly one x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know what you're missing, Maria! The butterfly one is so pretty! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig