Tuesday 28 August 2012

Turquoise Eye Make Up Look

In my big book of blog plans, I decided Monday should be the day to post about make up and beauty. This could be a make up tutorial, a post about my favourite products, or perhaps some nail art. Really anything that might be used on the skin, hair, or nails.

So the plan was to bring you a make up post with a step by step tutorial today, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. I didn't have a hydrotherapy session today due to the bank holiday, but I woke to blinding pain, and struggled to get through a shower, so I knew sitting up to create a look was never going to happen.

I had to force myself to dress, and after a little rest, I decided I would apply some make up because it always makes me feel better in myself.  My mood always lifts when I'm wearing a pretty dress and some eye make up. Strange, but true. I applied the make up whilst lying down in bed, so I haven't got a tutorial to show you BUT I thought I'd still share the results and tell you how I did it.

Today I went for a turquoise eye make up look...



It's a really simple look to create, and I think turquoise would suit most colourings and eye colours.

The first thing I did was to grab the products I thought I might need.


In addition to the make up products, I grabbed my make up brushes and eyelash curlers, moisturiser to mix with my foundation, and cleansing wipes to clean up any mistakes.


These are the tools I actually used:

-Foundation, eyeshadow, blusher, and powder brushes.
-Eyelash curlers.
-And hair clips to keep my hair off my face.

I use Boots Cucumber Cleansing Wipes and The Body Shop Vitamin E moisture cream, which I've used regularly for several years.


For my base I used:

1. Lush Jackie Oates Colour Supplement- mixed on the back of my hand with some moisturiser, and blended all over my face and neck using the foundation brush.

2. The Body Shop Lightening Touch Liquid Concealer in 01- I use this concealer generously under my eyes; applied gently with the ring finger.

3. Benefit The Pore-fessional- This is applied over the foundation on my nose and cheeks. It's a very light, silky primer. It's supposed to reduce the appearance of pores which I have a lot of on my nose, and although it doesn't disguise mine, it does greatly reduce the oiliness.

4. The Body Shop Cheek Colour in 03 Heather Pink- Using the blusher brush I applied this along my cheekbones to the outer apples of my cheeks. I always start from the ear and work towards the apples.

5. The Body Shop Pressed Powder in 01- Once the rest of the base has been applied, I use the powder brush to apply this to any shiny areas, and to set the base.

And the mascara I used on my lashes was:

Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof- though this isn't used until my eyelashes have been curled and my eye make up has been applied.

The blusher is a warm shade of pink.


For today's look, I brought out my recently reorganised colourful Inglot palette, and a dark turquoise eye liner- Bourjois Paris Contour Clubbing Waterproof in Blue Remix.

I used the turquoise trio for today's look which is an Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow Rainbow Refill Shade 104R. One rainbow refill will set you back £6.00. Inglot's palettes are sold separately to the make up and start from £4.00 for a single eyeshadow palette. I think the biggest eyeshadow palette they make holds about 40 of these eye shadows- I'd be tempted to splurge on one if I was better off financially! I just learnt that Inglot make up isn't tested on animals, which has raised my love of the range even higher!


So, here's how I got the look...

First I used my eyelash curlers to curl my upper lashes. I usually press and hold for a few seconds on each side.

Then with the eyeshadow brush...

I swept the medium shade (1) across the entire lid until even and vibrant.

Then using the lightest shade (2), I applied the colour to the inner third of the lid as a highlighter, and blended the edges together.

And I used the darkest shade (3) to shade and define the outer third of the lid.

I like to keep my coloured eye make up simple, and don't tend to bring the colour much higher than the lid. The colour is already so vibrant and loud, and if I work colour up towards the brow bone I'd probably find myself looking like a clown.


I followed the eyeshadow steps with a quick coat of eyeliner to the lower lash line with a dark teal eye liner. Truth be told, I forgot to line the upper lid. Oops.

And to finish, I applied a coat of mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

And... voila! Turquoise eyes!

I'm by no means a make up artist or in any way a professional, but this is the way I do my make up, and how I created this look. 

 I hope you've enjoyed seeing how I put this look together.

And yes, I'm wearing my cobalt blue cardigan again. I'm in love with it! I hope you'll ignore the fact that Make Up Monday has been posted two hours in to Tuesday... Well, nobody's perfect!

Night guys.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. huh... how did I forget to comment on this? Anyway! I love your colorful make up looks so much, I'm tempted to do a makeup post with close-ups of my make up some time... but maybe I'll stick to neutrals and ~safe colors, since I can't seem to pull colorful looks off quite as well as you. You're gorgeous as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'd love to see make up posts from you- your make up always looks so flawless. I think you'd look great with coloured eye make up- you just need to find the right shades for you. Thanks hun :) *Blushes*

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig