Monday 30 July 2012

Liebster Award Part Three

Hey guys,

Becky of Does My Blog Make Me Look Fat recently awarded me the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Becky; I'm very flattered and honoured. This is the third time I've been nominated for the award. You can read about the other two posts here and here.




As I've only recently awarded this blog to some of my favourite bloggers, I won't do the nomination part because I simply couldn't pick my favourites from the vast amount of blogs I follow. I will of course answer the questions Becky set for me.


The rules for receiving for award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in the post
4. Go to their page and tell them
5. No tag backs
 
 
Eleven Things About Me.
 
1. I love listening to song lyrics and finding songs that I can relate to.
 
2. I use Schwarzkopf Live XXL Real Red hair dye on my hair. It's usually a lot brighter than at the moment.
 
3. My hair was once long enough to touch my thighs when I sat down.
 
4. I've often had dreams later happen word for word, action for action the same in real life. I always get that de ja vu feeling, and remember dreaming it.
 
5. I'm sentimental. I keep letters and ticket stubs. I still have all the letters my best friend wrote to me over the last sixteen years.
 
6. I love buying presents for the people I care about.
 
7. I love musicals. Especially Phantom of the Opera.
 
8. I love The Big Bang Theory and watch it almost everyday.
 
9. I love the rain.
 
10. I've never read Fifty Shades, and don't intend to. I hate hypes!
 
11. I love accents. I could listen to the Irish all day.
 
 
Becky's Questions to Me
 
1. What made you start blogging?
 
 I was inspired by reading blogs on personal style and body positivity at the start of my sick leave back in September last year. I was amazed to find so many blogs by curvier ladies like myself looking comfortable and confident with their bodies (quite rightly), and my self-confidence rose as I continued to read such blogs as the months went by. I decided I would give blogging a shot to not only help me on the road to self-acceptance, but also for something to focus on during an injury that confines me to home. I was also using pretty dresses to keep my spirits up, and thought it would be fun to document them.
 
2. Your favourite style of clothing?
 
My favourite style of clothing is dresses which have big flared fifties skirts; which are fitted on top to the waist, rest about knee length on me, and have a cute or quirky print on the fabric.
 
3. Your favourite colour to wear?
 
I'm not colour shy and do wear a lot of colour, but I'd say I particularly love wearing navy and other dark blue shades most.
 
4. Heels or flats?
 
Flats. I adore the way heels look and get all dewy eyed over beautiful pairs like everybody else, but I've never really learnt to walk in them, mostly due to leg pain in my early-mid teens. I have better balance on the ground, anyway, and like to be barefoot as much as possible.
 
5. What is your favourite part of your body?
 
Hmm, I think I'll go with my skin. I love my freckles, and my pale skin tone. I must be the only person who actually likes being pale. I've never once felt the need to slather on fake tan or sunbathe religiously in hope of getting tanned. I've never understood why people would rather look orange than their own natural skin colour. I did actually hate my freckles until I was about seventeen, though, because they made me look different to most people, and being shy I wasn't comfortable with standing out.
 
6. Favourite season to dress for?
 
Probably Spring or cooler Summer days (low 20'Cs) when I don't have to worry about finding a coat to match my outfit, and can just go out wearing a dress with a cardigan over leggings or tights and a pair of sandals. Although, I do love layering and getting all cosy in woollen gloves and scarves in Autumn and Winter and wearing Winter coats.
 
7. Go to outfit for a last minute night out?
 
I haven't been out in such a long time... but I'd probably wear a dress over black tights or leggings, straighten my hair, use a quilted cross-body bag and a pair of ballet flats, and apply lots of mascara and pretty green eyeshadow to my lids and I'm good to go!
 
8. Do you follow a beauty regime?
 
My regime is fairly simple. I just wash my face, then cleanse, tone, and moisturise. I use a daily face scrub in the shower, and a face mask to refresh my skin perhaps once a week.
 
9. Something you want to achieve in life?
 
Happiness. No matter where my life takes me, I just want to be happy and healthy. It's what really matters at the end of the day.
 
10. Favourite kind of cake?
 
I love chocolate, red velvet, Magnolia Bakery coconut (nom nom!), and New York/ Chocolatey cheesecakes.
 
11. If you could only buy clothes from one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
 
Probably Dorothy Perkins. They always have some amazing pieces, and plenty of beautiful dresses. I know that their clothes will always fit me. I think it's such an underrated shop. Although, I would also consider ASOS as a contender.
 
I hope you all enjoyed reading a little more about me.
 
Thanks again, Becky!
 
 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Becky had some great questions and I like your answers :)

    I've thought about looking up Big Bang Theory, I'm always on the lookout for new shows... now that I know you like it, I'll *have* to check it out some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah she did!

    The Big Bang Theory really makes me laugh, so I'd recommend it if you like comedies. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig