Wednesday 9 May 2012

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My... Dress

Evening, guys! Me again...

Yesterday, I woke up to two lovely new dresses. I showed you the navy polka-dot sun-dress yesterday, and here's the other.


I actually ordered this dress a month or two ago, but unfortunately I had to return it because it was too fitting for my liking. I was a bit disappointed as I loved the shape and style, but didn't reorder the next size up. Then, last week, I came across the dress in the sale. The only size left was the next size up, so, to me that felt like fate. And it was a bargain at roughly half price!

Second time lucky; the dress fits perfectly! I actually thought it was a polka dot dress, but on closer inspection I realised they were actually tear-drops/ rain-drops. It's a little bit different, but it still has a classic feel with a good quality feel to the fabric and a lovely floaty skirt. The delicate sleeves, along with a fabric that floats instead of clings, makes it quite a flattering dress.



It came with a skinny patent black belt, but I'm a fan of cheering black clothes up with colour. I've dressed it simply with a turquoise belt, and bangle.

I've had the bangle for years now, and the swirling glaze to it reminds this water baby of the ocean. I spent my childhood summer holidays in Cornwall and always spent more time in the sea riding the waves on a body board than on the sand. I've always loved the water, which is why I think this bangle appealed to me. I also still have my green Inglot nail polish on- it's barely chipped in six days!

Outfit Details

♥ Dress: Dorothy Perkins
♥ Belt: Dorothy Perkins
♥ Leggings: New Look
♥ Bangle: Topshop
♥ Nail Polish: Inglot

I also wanted to take this opportunity to thank everybody who follows, reads, and comments on this blog. I'm actually overwhelmed by all the lovely, positive comments I'm receiving on a daily basis, and I can't tell you how much they mean to me. As a life-long self-conscious shy person, I never expected to be getting such a positive reaction from anybody, and certainly never thought I'd have so many followers so soon. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me continue on the path to self acceptance.


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. this dress is so cute i love all the dresses you have can i steal them please :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Erm... no, I think i'd prefer to keep them for myself. Haha! :)

      Delete
  2. IMHO you deserve each and every one of your followers and comments, and then some :)

    This dress is so cute, with the sleeves that look a bit see-through and the little opening at the neck... and it really fits you perfectly! Congrats on another great buy sweetie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nita- you're so nice. :)

      I love all the little details to it and the fit. Another favourite buy. :) Thanks hun x

      Delete
  3. i nominated you for a blog award xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :). I really do have the loveliest followers. :) x

      Delete
  4. Waah. So gutted I didn`t order this dress coz it was
    on my WANT list for the longest time. It looks lovely on you! ^^d
    Glad I`ve found a fellow Dotty P lover. ^^d hih
    They have so many awesome dresses lately..just want them all! ^^;
    MMxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no :(. Maybe keep an eye out on ebay? Thank you. I feel nice in it. I'm obsessed with their dresses this season. I want them all, too! xx

      Delete
    2. So cute i love this dress
      Looks very nice on you !!!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much! :)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the keyhole detail on the dress is especially lovely, the fabric is definately made for dancing! the belt is a hit-i'm a huge fan of a coloured belts too - your lovely comments are very sweet - i think we are all feeling warm and fuzzy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely made for twirling! The skirt is so floaty! I love a good coloured accessory, they're usually more fun than black. Thank you, Maria :)

      Delete

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig