Tuesday 3 April 2012

Join The Navy...

What a miserable dreary Tuesday in not-so-sunny-England! I knew the sunshine was too good to last. I'm brightening my day with a new dress and a pop of colour...

I was drawn to this dress as soon as I saw it on their website. You've probably already noticed I have a love of polka-dots and prints; I think Dorothy Perkins saw me coming this season! They sure have me wrapped around their fashionable little fingers! I've become so attached to my black polka-dot shirt dress I purchased last summer, so I didn't need to think twice about snapping this little beauty up.


The dress is beautiful, but made from a very light fabric, which so far is very static. I'm hoping it'll be fine once I've washed it. Does anyone have any tips about taming static fabric? It's also snug on the waist, so if you're thinking of ordering one yourself I'd go for a size or two above your normal dress size.

Tights- Evans
Bracelet- New Look
Dress- Dorothy Perkins
Triple-Keeper Belt- Dorothy Perkins
Apple Necklace- Miss Selfridge



The colour combination is something I haven't worn together before. The belt arrived this morning, and this outfit was a spur of the moment experiment. And I'm actually really impressed with the outcome! I've always loved bright colour, and especially drawn to deliciously decadent peacock colours like teal and turquoise. There's just something about deep hues of colour that attracts me like a moth to a flame. I also really adore green, but tend to confine that more to eye make up.

I'm glad to report my replacement jumpsuit arrived this morning in great condition. Well you know what they say, 'third time's a charm.'

I'm thinking about posting a 'what's in my bag' post soon... what do you think?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig