Sunday 25 March 2012

Hey! My name's Louise and i'm new here...

Well this is my first post. I never really know what to say in these introductory posts...

My name's Louise and i'm a twenty-six year old Englander. I'm a curvy girl with a love of clothes and fashion, and like to challenge society's belief that curvy girls and larger ladies can't look good in fashionable threads- because we can, and we do!

For the last six months or so I've been on sick leave from my job in retail due to several disc herniations and tears in my spine. The injuries have left me in constant pain while i await treatment, and a great deal of my time has been spent in bed.

I've found blogs on fashion and body positivity a great distraction over the last few months, both on here and on Tumblr. I love seeing how people put their outfits together, and i've found a great deal of inspiration from them. It's inspiring how confident these ladies are, no matter their shape or size. I've always been self-conscious, and reading how comfortable these ladies are with their dress size has definitely increased my confidence in my own- although i have a long way to go until i'm fully care free- but show me a woman who is!


I'm not really confident and comfortable with sharing my face with the world just yet (not to mention my hair is in serious need of some TLC), but this is the outfit i wore on a rare trip outside yesterday. I don't often wear much black, but i love this polka dot shirt dress. I got it to wear in New York last summer, and it brings back some good memories of a day shopping in Bloomingdales and dining in Serendipity 3's, and the fun movie locations tour we took all over the city.This dress is one i like to fall back on time and time again.

I've always had a complex about my legs, and this is the first time i've worn tights outside in years! I felt quite proud of myself, as it was a big step for me.

What I Wore

Dress- Dorothy Perkins
Cardigan- New Look
Tights (Purple)- Evans

I aim to use this blog to share my outfits with you all and anything else i may get up to, too. I love dresses, colour, and polka dots so expect over-use of each! I'm hoping this blog will also help me to stop sitting in my pyjamas day after day too! I've fallen in to bad habits with being confined to my bed so often.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your lovely comments, so don't be afraid to leave me a comment or a question below! I'll do my best to reply ASAP!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig